Chapter 22: Know You More

Y/N'S POV

What am I saying? My mind must've exploded after the exhaustion and everything else going on. Yeah, that's the only reasonable explanation.

Dazai: Y/N, are you sure about that?

Why would you ask me that? Stop being so considerate so I don't confuse these feelings for something else!

"I think I said that impulsively, please don't min-

Dazai: There's no going back, I'm afraid.

He smirked, slowly reaching his hand out to touch my cheeks. He gently nudged them with his fingers and moved closer to me almost as if he was leaning in for a kiss.

A KISS?

I moved back on impulse. I could feel my cheeks burning up and my stomach filling with butterflies, I didn't realize it right away.. That my hand was on top of Dazai's mouth, stopping him from kissing me.

"I-I'm so sorry!" I quickly removed my hand and covered my face then i thought about how it was just on his lips and we basically kissed indirectly so I raised my hands and completely embarrassed myself.

He didn't do anything but chuckle. He reach out and held my hand, then gently made me touch his cheek. He tilted his head towards the direction wherein my palm was in contact with his warm face which really drove me crazy.

Dazai: I'm sorry if I surprised you. It wasn't my intention, forgive me.

How could I even get angry at this guy? With his face glowing, those deceitful eyes and beautiful smile. I wanna know him more, what sort of pain could he have gone through and why is he so hard to read. Was there ever a time where I could see right through him?

"Don't be sorry" I placed my other hand on his left cheek and kissed him. His lips were soft, I had to stand on my toes in order to reach. I wanted time to stop, I couldn't bring myself to pull away from Dazai.

Dazai: you sure are something.

He smiled while we kissed then he wrapped his arm around my waist while his other hand stroked my hair. He slowly pulled away and looked straight into my eyes, not breaking any contact. This time, the feeling of loneliness wasn't present in his eyes. I have never felt closer to him than right now, at this moment.

"Dazai" I whispered.

Dazai: hm?

"You're amazing" I smiled and hugged him.

"So are you, Y/N"