Chapter 26: Kill Me

Y/N'S POV

Using my ability, I lifted the man I suspected to be Akio. I made it so he couldn't move nor escape.

Dazai: So, Akio?

Akio: What are you doing, let me go!

"Why would I? You're the guy working for Fyodor, aren't you?"

Akio: No, I'm not. I don't even know who he is.

Dazai: Aren't you working for him due to an interesting history between the two of you?

Akio went silent, he was good at following orders but not so much at hiding his true feelings.

Akio: How..do you know that?

His eyes widened and he was as transparent as ever. What an amateur worker, he could never work for the Port Mafia. I thought to myself while feeling the weight of his body suddenly increase.

Akio: Are you by any chance, Dazai?

Dazai: Bingo.

Looks like he knew who he had to look out for. Unfortunately for him, Dazai is someone you can't run away from.

Dazai: So tell us, Akio. What's Fyodor planning to do?

Akio: What makes you think I'll betray the man I work for?

Dazai: You're right. I thought this was going to be easy when I heard you were being held captive but actually, you choose to stay with him 'cause you love him so much.

Akio: Love him? Are you kidding me right now? I loathe him.

Dazai: No, you love him.

Akio: I don't.

Dazai: You do, you can't bare to leave him alone because the moment you do, you become nothing to him, he forgets that you even existed and that scares you.

Akio: No, it doesn't! I HATE HIM.

Dazai: You love him.

Akio: I don't, I-

Akio started bawling his eyes out. For a minute there, I didn't see the warm-hearted and good-natured Dazai working in ADA but instead, he looked like someone who used to torture criminals and enemies just like any other mafia member.
Then I realized, this must be how he used to do things when he was an executive.

Strangely, I didn't find it terrifying nor frightening. Instead, it made me feel closer to him seeing how similar the people we used to be are.

Akio: Okay fine..

Hic, sniffle

Akio: I love him, I really do and I hate it. I can never admit that I'm doing this just for him and to make him happy.

I thought to myself how complicated he must be feeling. The way he thinks of Fyodor as someone he could never love so he chooses to hate him instead. People like him are a little hard to deal with.

Dazai: you don't care about the agency or the mafia, do you? You don't even know the ability users Fyodor is planning to kill.

Akio: I don't care one bit. I'm doing everything he wants so he won't ever find someone else to replace me.

Dazai: Your lifespan must be decreasing, how does it feel to lose 2 years every time you listen to that man you love so much?

Akio: I.. I don't care.

He's being very honest, it's refreshing to watch. Meanwhile, I can't help but stare at Dazai's pretty face and manly hands. The more I spend time with him; even on a risky mission, the more I find him attractive. Is this what it feels like to be in love 'cause it's kind of cheesy, not that I'm complaining though. 

Dazai: People like you won't give us anything even through torture.

Akio: That's right. Do your best to hurt me, it won't work so give up now.

Dazai: I know, so I'm not going to.

Akio: What?

Dazai: I'll go after Fyodor, instead. 

..

Akio: No, you can't.

Dazai: hm?

Akio: Let him live, please.

Dazai: Tell us how your ability activates.

Akio clenched his teeth together and was hesitating to speak but after a few seconds, he sighed and spoke in a low voice.

Akio: I can only remove the ability if I hurt the user. Their ability will soon be removed if blood drips from the skin or a wound is formed.

Dazai: Is that why you have really long sharp nails?

Akio: Shut up.

Dazai: If you don't wish to see Fyodor die, then are there other solutions you could give to stop this?

Akio: You can take me instead. 

Dazai: And what should we do with you?

...

Akio: Kill me.