Idiots in the snow

Two updates In one day? I'm spoiling you guys, i had Covid this week so I was able to write a lot haha, which also means I've been listening to christmas music for a whole week to get into the mood to write about it. At least I have a valid reason to listen to christmas music in October.

Timothee:
My mom had a knowing smirk on her face as we joined them for dinner after our bath. "Timothee can you check on the meat for a second" my mom called me from in the kitchen. I got up from my place on the couch beside Andy and went into the kitchen to help my mom with dinner.

"What's with the meat?" I asked as I walked over to the stove and lifted the lid. "Nothing just wanted to talk for a bit with you, haven't seen you in a while" she said with a soft smile. I shook my head and went to hug her because I had missed her too.

She took in a deep breath and pulled away with a big smirk "don't you love the smell of vanilla?" She asked and I nodded before I realised what she had realised.

"Mom no it's not what you think" I quickly rambled but she just ignored me and went on with cutting her vegetables. "Are you trying to deny the fact that you shared a bath?" She asked and I just stared at her back because what the hell am I supposed to do.

"Okay fine, yes we shared the bath, but there is nothing going on between us" My mom hummed and kept ignoring me, knowing that she would get the most info out of me that way.

"What mom I'm serious" she turned to me with a raised eyebrow. "So you just sat naked in a bath together, you smile at her like she personally hung the moon and stars and you are really going to stand there saying there is nothing going on between the two of you, I'm your mother Timo, I made you" she crossed her arms and leaned against the counter.

"There are no feelings involved" I muttered "oh Timo, I don't know who you're trying harder to convince, me or yourself" I groaned and put my head in my hands.

She let out a small giggle before going back to cooking "I hate you" I murmured and she just scoffed and laughed again "yeah right, you love me"

"But you love her more" she added in a whisper. I groaned and pushed myself off from where I was leaning against the kitchen counter "I'm done having this conversation". I told her and walked away leaving my mother giggling.

Andrea

As I was setting the table with pauline the sliding doors were opened and an in snow covered golden retriever bounded inside and ran over to me taking me by surprise. I quickly sat the plate I was holding down and leant down to pet the dog.

"BRUNO!" I heard an excited Timothee and suddenly the dog rushed away and towards Timothee who was kneeling down. "Did I completely miss him when we arrived?" I asked Edwin who came in through the door as well after having taken off his shoes on the porch.

"Oh no, he was at the neighbours, they also have a dog and went on an hike so they volunteered to take Bruno with them" he explained.

Timothee was sat on the floor Bruno on his back between his legs, his tail wagging wildly. "I missed you too buddy, I miss you too" Timmy cooed.

Dinner was lovely, after dinner Timothee and I found ourselves cuddled up in the corner of the big couch, as close to the fire place as possible as we took turns reading up poems from the book I had been reading to him in the car ride. Bruno was laying at our feet sound asleep.

We had recently found that reading was something we both greatly enjoyed and often found ourselves reading together.

Pauline had snapped a picture of us and sent it to me with a smiley face.