Chapter 12: Satan's Perfect Plan

Pandemonium. The mysterious and strange random phenomenons which only occur every 1000 years in Devildom. Some of them are dangerous and some of them are just weird but beautiful. Nobody really care to it for centuries because it's very rare. But when the disaster happens, no one can escape it. Not even the strongest demon can stop Pandemonium. Many researchers and scholars tried to expose the mystery of its existence but never reached a clear conclusion. Even the Angel of Wisdom himself can't exactly explain the mystery behind Pandemonium. How and why does it happen? Now, it led to the worst case scenario; the demon king's revival.

Not only that, another weird scenarios keep happening since then. Huge holes keep appearing in Devildom, a rift appears on the sky and a weird pattern of aurora yet beautiful emerges through the sky.

"Mammon was alive?"

Medusa questioned Behemoth as he leans back on his chair, stressing out. He keeps waving a piece of paper around.

"I don't know if it's true or not. Either way, there's a big possibility the Seven Rulers are still alive."Replied Behemoth then he keeps the document inside the drawer. It was such a waste to release the puppet earlier, he thought. He decided to give up on the idea of releasing more dragons to the human world as he doesn't want to get into trouble later.

"What were you looking at?"Asked Medusa while trying to peep inside the drawer beside the desk.

"Nothing."With both hands on the table, he looks away from his assistant, dodging the question. It'll only spell trouble if the demon king knows he released the puppet without permission.

Moving on, the discussion between them continues."So...you don't want to inform the other generals about them being alive?"Asked Medusa, the demon with long curly hair.

Behemoth shakes his head aggressively."Whether they're alive or not, I have no clear evidence to confirm this. Astaroth hasn't returned with the information from the human world yet. We can't risk of spreading fake news too. What do you think his majesty would say?"

Both of the demons fall silence. Only the sound of their sigh echoing inside the room. They have been thinking of the same thing; the possibility of the brothers dying were actually very low.

Medusa rubs her hair in frustration before opening her mouth again."...I've been thinking...Did they really die in the basement?"

Behemoth just replied with a shrugged. It looks like he doesn't want to continue the discussion any further so Medusa leaves the room by her own."By the way... don't forget to attend the event later. I just got the feeling that they intend to dump all work on you again."She said before the door shut.

Except Behemoth, the rest Generals of Purgatory are absent from the castle. Whether they're on jobs or not, Behemoth had to handle the situation by himself, which is too much of a burden. At this point, he can't stop swearing his colleagues every moments passed.

"Two of the Seven Rulers are alive and they'll be targeting his majesty... Ugh...I have no other choice but to ask my stupid colleagues for help."

After sort out some stuff, he takes a necklace which is shaped like a key and hide it around his neck. He wears his devil suit and heads out to the event area.

In the capital of Devildom, a lot of demons are gathering for the celebration of Devildom Hellish Anniversary, the event which was supposed to be organized by Diavolo and the others. Due to an unexpected event, the Generals of Purgatory had to take over. They got permission from the demon king to hold the celebration in the middle of the capital. The whole area was decorated with demon theme decoration and there are food stalls everywhere like a new year festival. In just an instant, the crowd floods the event area and is very lively. At the middle of the square, there's a clock tower with a stage near it. The memento of the royal family, Devilgem is placed at the center as per tradition.