Chapter 71: For You III

Lucifer curses to himself. How could he fall asleep at times like this? He remembers there was nothing in his sight but red; Agares's flame lunged at him and his brothers to devour them whole. The next thing he knew, something odd happened and Yuki was gone. Then he went ahead to defend his brothers by unleashing his power to create a powerful defensive magic against the flame. It was difficult and he barely did it. It took a toll on his body so his sight went pitch black afterwards.

And now, everything becomes clear again. He can hear screams and shouts from everywhere. His senses start to come together again as his consciousness runs in. His head is pounding and his vision is blurry but the voices are as clear as day.

Lucifer snaps open his eyes abruptly, finding himself lying sprawled across a random floor. The ground is shaking. He turns to his right; his six younger brothers are struggling with their fight against the General. From his position, they were probably protecting him while he was out cold.

He is stunned and speechless. Why is this happening? What did he do wrong to deserve all of this? When did everything go wrong? Was that when he was an angel? Was that when he defended Lilith and started the Great Celestial War? Was that when he became a demon? Was that when he met Yuki and fell in love with them? Or was that when he chose peace between the three worlds?

The questions linger with no hope of gaining answers. The situation causes him to overthink. The cruel, harsh reality he is forced to face...

Lucifer's chest heaved. His breath comes in sharp, shallow gasps. "No...I can't let any of you die...I can't let my family die again..."Losing Lilith broke his heart apart and he can't bear losing another family member.

"Mammon, get him!"Leviathan snarls and parries an attack. But the flame takes a detour, circling around him in the form of a thin line. It brings an intense heat and burns his tail which causes him to gasp and scream.

"I'm tryin'! But damn him way too fast!"The tip of the hot blade goes through Mammon's arm, tearing his skin apart and gushing out blood."Ughh!"

Agares blocks, dodges, strikes, everything in a matter of seconds. All his senses are activated, allowing him to notice attacks from all directions and even sneak attacks. So when they are all attacking him at the same time, he blocks or repels them on time. It's not difficult for him since his flame is powerful enough to withstand literally everything.

"Belphie, look out!"Beelzebub rushes over, grabbing Belphegor into his arms as the floor crumbles. He retreats several steps back into a safer spot. But before they can recover, flame bursts out of the floor beneath them in a shape like a fountain. Several more flames burst out, circling them, trapping them into a huge flaming sphere.

BLARGHHH!!!

"Beel! Belphie!"

Agares comes out of nowhere behind Satan, grabbing his arm and pins it on his back, snapping the bones. Agares uses his strength to force Satan face first into the floor.

"Ughh!"Satan writhes and growls, trying to resist.

Asmodeus trails the thorny roots across the floor, crawling all the way up to Agares's body, dragging him away from Satan. The sharp thorns sink into his skin but Agares shows no sign of pain. That got everyone thinking. Is this demon even capable of feeling pain?

Agares tugs the roots fiercely, pulling Asmodeus forward, causing him to fall. He burns the roots, forcing Asmodeus up and kicks him away on the stomach.

"Agares!!!"Lucifer shouts angrily. His harsh deep voice echoes through the entire space. His blood boils from watching his brothers getting hurt that he subconsciously screams the General's name.