Chapter 65: For the Sake of the Young Prince

Eventually, the time has come where Abaddon was born and became the king. The war between the two worlds is still ongoing during the King Abaddon era. He was married to a noble demon from the House of Lords. Years pass, the demon queen, Queen Lamia is soon pregnant with a male child. The child is Diavolo.

This is a crucial phase for Barbatos since this period will determine the future. He has been waiting for this moment.

Since the time between the three worlds was unstable, Barbatos used his power to fasten the time flow in Devildom. The effect causes the time to quickly fly by in Devildom compared to the Celestial Realm and the human world. The angels and humans era almost unaged, while many generations pass by in Devildom to the extent, the current demon king becomes older than the Seraphs.

The war is reaching its peak especially when the demon queen, Abaddon's wife is pregnant. They both have decided to name their son 'Diavolo'.

Her belly has grown a lot. Due to her condition, she's unable to join the war against angels and she had to stay in bed all day. While everyone else is out there fighting, Barbatos is aware that the queen feels lonely so he stays by her side and tends to her daily needs.

The royalty bedroom is opulently decorated with luxurious fabrics, intricate furniture, and elaborate decor. The walls may be adorned with extravagant wallpaper or tapestries, and the floors may be covered in plush carpets or intricately designed rugs. The room is enveloped by darkness due to the curtains blocking the moonlight.

"Has Abaddon returned yet?"Asked Lamia as Barbatos pours tea into the cup. She is sitting in bed, leaning against the bedpost. Her huge and round belly is covered by the blanket. Her long blonde curly hair cascades down her waist. Her pale golden eyes look calm and peaceful.

Barbatos changes the napkin with a clean one."Not yet. His Majesty is still dealing with angels at the west border."

An obvious hint of disappointment crosses Lamia's face."...I see..."She smiles bitterly. She gazes upon her belly, rubbing on it gently.

Barbatos follows her gaze and smiles. He can guess what she's thinking.

"I hope the war will be over soon. I want my son to live peacefully without worries."

"'Live peacefully'..."

The words are foreign coming from lips. That's not possible but Barbatos doesn't say it out loud. He puts the teapot on the nightstand and settles on the chair next to the bed."Demons and angels are natural enemies..."

"Does it matter?"Lamia raises an eyebrow. She takes a sip once before putting the cup with a soft click."Even though we're enemies, we can still live peacefully."She gazes at the wide ceiling as she contemplates. "Demons...angels...humans...We're all living creatures who just happen to have different perspectives of life."

"..."

Barbatos is stunned and speechless. This is the first time he heard that kind of statement. The demon queen's different way of thinking is impressive. Though Abaddon might probably disagree with her since he has an opposite mindset.

Seeing Barbatos's reaction, Lamia chuckles slowly. She thought she had said too much. Personally, she refuses to talk about this to anyone but Barbatos. That's just how much she trusts the butler.

"I know it's such a fairy tale thing to say but...I refuse to lose hope. One day...I'm sure...I'm sure the day will come. The day where demons and angels are no longer fighting. Maybe...befriended with them and the humans as well. Wouldn't that be great?"The warm smile she gives can bring comfort to any demon. The faint moonlight from the window reflects upon her face. She's always so beautiful and nice. Those are one of the many reasons why all demons respect and admire her.