Chapter 39: All Hell Broke Loose I

TAP!

"Are you sure you want to proceed with this plan?"

TAP!

"It's either do or die."

TAP!

"Are you REALLY sure?"

TAP!

Satan is getting annoyed. They keep going back and forth with this argument.

"We have already discussed this matter! Let me handle this!"Satan stays firm on his decision. He's not turning back no matter what the others say.

"At least bring one of your brothers to go with you."Said Lucifer with his stern voice. His finger keeps tapping on the wooden table restlessly.

His brother is sitting across to him. There is no sign of those two brothers finishing their statement as none of them are giving up.

"At least let me do this to make up for what I did."

A sigh escapes Lucifer's mouth. Dantalion and Eligos were right. He felt a little regret to not listen to their advice. Whenever Anqa comes up with a plan, it's either too dumb or literally commit suicide. In this case, it's more of the latter. Lucifer doesn't really approve it especially since Satan insists to take charge in this plan alone.

"The Generals said that Phantom Grove is not really far. It's only 25 minutes walking from here. There's no need for too many people to go. You guys just stay in the mansion."

Satan is too stubborn, that's what Lucifer think. However, he doesn't say out loud or else he will get yelled again. He is considering about taking on Lethe but he isn't sure what to do with the distance. Even if he can use his wings, it will still take a thousand years. He has no patience for that because Diavolo might notice their disappearance. He isn't sure what will happen to Devildom if they disappear for too long. At this point, he has no choice but to give in to Satan's demand.

"Fine. Just...be careful."

***

In front of the mansion, Anqa was sitting by the lake and hallucinating by herself. Her gauntlets and chausses light up under the orange sky. She is so into her mind that she doesn't notice Satan was approaching her from the back. Only when his shadow covers her whole, she looks up and grins.

"Oh? You actually came?"She looks surprised but a part of her was expecting his arrival already.

Satan's eyes narrowed."What do you take me for?"He is holding the book inside his grip.

"I don't know...a coward?"

A vein pops up on Satan's forehead and his eyebrows narrowed even more as he is getting annoyed.

"Nah...I'm just kidding."She stands up with her back facing him."I knew you brothers would accept and go along with my plan but...I didn't expect you to actually come alone. I have already warned you. A single mistake means death. Do you really have a death wish, Satan?"Her back is still facing him as her voice is getting colder.

Satan pauses before speaking. His voice is stern and firm."...If it's for my brothers and Devildom, I'm willing to take the risk. For them, even death is worth it."

"..."She falls silent. Anqa slowly turns around and stares into Satan's eyes. She is...smiling...And it's not her usual sinister or mocking smile... it's...a genuine warm smile?

Satan looks a bit surprised because this is the first time he sees Anqa smiles like that. She doesn't look like an evil demon General anymore but more like...an innocent weak woman.