Chapter 56: Barbatos's Feeling

Morning in Devildom, another normal day for the demon butler. Barbatos went out to grab some groceries from the store. He was supposed to be back after an hour but something urgent came out so he had to stay in the city for the next few hours.

When he returns to the castle, he sees something unexpected.

Flame, destruction and blood are everywhere. Never he thought about being welcomed by the awful sight.

Barbatos stands there, staring at the guards scattered and lying in their own pool of blood across the ground. There's only one thing to blame in his mind now.

Angels.

Angels have invaded the castle again.

Though it's nothing unusual, he's still panicking and worried. Barbatos rushes over the gate and forces his way inside, ignoring nearby demons who were shouting at him.

He drops his stuff by the entrance and sprints into the castle ground. The sight just keeps getting uglier. He stumbles upon numerous demons who are in rush and panicking about the situation. Barbatos pays no mind to them. He only cares about the demon king and Diavolo's safety.

A familiar female demon with snakes hair blocks his path.

"Sir Barbatos! Right on time!"Medusa exclaims. She was panting and sweating too much as she just finished dealing with some matters back there. She's a bit relieved knowing Barbatos is back.

Barbatos noticed that the snakes' eyes on her head were glowing, indicating that she just used a huge amount of her power.

"What's the situation? What's happening back there?"Asked him worriedly and nervously."Did something happen to His Majesty and Young Master?"

When it comes to the royal family's safety, Barbatos loses his cool and calm demeanor.

Medusa shakes her head calmly and replies"His Majesty Abaddon is safe. Some of the Generals were here so they were able to protect His Majesty and killed all the Archangels in the castle."

Barbatos tilts his head in shock and a bit of disappointment. Did he rush here for nothing? Regardless, he is relief that the demon king is fine. He knows the Generals are strong. There's no need for him to step in. He was worried for nothing.

If the situation is under control, then, what causes the demons to panic?

Barbatos places a hand on his chin and stares down at Medusa, waiting for her further explanation.

Medusa's gaze falls down. She's anxious."His Majesty is safe but...while everyone was busy dealing with the angels, Prince Diavolo has gone missing."

"Pardon...?"Barbatos's eyes widen. He thought his ears were playing tricks on him.

"Our guards have been searching through the castle for an hour but there's no sign of him."She adds. Her voice is filled with worries.

Barbatos falls silent. He gathers his thoughts. His instinct is telling him that something bad is happening. There's no time, he thought to himself. He immediately excuses himself and rushes to find Diavolo.

What if an angel caught him? The Generals may have dealt with the Archangels but what if there's a Seraph sneaked in and attacked Diavolo while everyone was distracted by the other angels? Barbatos can't stop thinking about the worst case scenarios.

One thing is clear for him. He is going to find Diavolo and make sure he's safe and sound no matter what.

***