Chapter 69: For You I

"What the..."

Mammon looks up from his prone form and finds Agares's presence in the room. He feels goosebumps.
"What's that guy doin' here...?"He asks rhetorically. His voice is shaking. He struggles to get up as blood drips down from his newly formed wound.

Beelzebub sits up and glances at Agares. He groans in pain and presses his palm against his bleeding chest."Why now..."

Satan coughs out dust and blood several times before turning to look at Agares. He frowns and grunts at the demon's arrival. What a perfect timing, he thought.

The attack was so sudden. Confronting Agares is more unexpected than confronting the demon king. When they stare at the demon, the old memories from Purgatory played inside their mind like an old video tape. The meeting with Agares was not pleasant. All because of that first impression and misunderstanding about the General. Even though it has been settled, the memory left them a traumatic experience.

Agares sheathes the blade into the cover as he stares at the seven brothers one by one before moving on to Yuki. He gazes into their terrified eyes for a few seconds as if trying to reach their soul. As usual, his expression is unreadable and hard to guess. He doesn't even react to the chaotic atmosphere he just walked in.

Silence dominates the space. The air around them is cold and chilly even though Agares's presence brings an extreme heat.

After a long pause, he finally turns to face the demon king."Your Majesty. Order."He says patiently, simple and clear. But judging from his tone, it's more like demanding. He may sound harsh but he respects the demon king from the bottom of his heart.

Abaddon was coughing out blood several times. Only when he calms down, he observes the room. As much as he wants to take the matter into his own hands, he wants to deal with the poison first. He doesn't care about losing his two hearts at all. He's more bothered by the poison since he's not immune to the poison from Purgatory. Therefore, he decided to let Agares handle everything.

He wipes off the blood from the corner of his lips before opening his mouth."...Kill them."He orders, loud and clear while his eyes are stuck on Yuki. The death glare he delivers causes Yuki to almost pee in their pants.

His next words send a jolt of panic into everyone's veins.

"...Especially that human. Take them down first."He adds before standing up slowly and walks away. He staggers as he gets back to his feet, feeling pain after taking a lot of damage from the seven brothers.

The demon king giving out that order is the worst. The worst case scenario for the brothers. He demands Yuki to die. And knowing Agares, he will stop at nothing until Yuki breathes out their last breath. The demon will go all out and do everything he can as long as the demon king's order can be fulfilled.

Agares nods and obeys."Understood." So when he grips the hilt of his katana, everyone is alerted. The adrenaline rush inside them is too great as they lock their eyes at the demon.

Within a second, Agares suddenly disappears from his spot. He lunges forward, leaving a trail of hot lava across the floor. He's still gripping the hilt but not unsheathe his weapon yet. He ignores the seven brothers as if they don't exist in his orbit as his target for now is Yuki only. He swiftly moves passes by Leviathan, Satan and Asmodeus and in less than a second, he's already right in front of Yuki, preparing to strike.

"Yuki!!!"

Everyone turns around and screams in shock and panic when they see Agares is already there.

He wastes no time by gripping the hilt and pulling his katana out of its cover. The sharp blade reflects upon their terrified face.

Yuki gasps and instinctively closes their eyes. Their arms raised to cover their head. Their body trembles in fear as Agares swings the blade towards them.