Chapter 72: The Beginning After The End

"It's over, isn't it...?"

Lucifer looks at Barbatos at his right slowly but the butler has already out cold across the floor. Diavolo is also down, weak, exhausted and barely conscious.

It's been a long and intense fight so it is expected that his own body feels weak too. Lucifer drops to one knee. He breathes heavily and looks up at the Divine Light. He is familiar with Michael's sword since when he was an angel so he is alerted. He keeps an eye on the sword.

It suddenly strikes him. Something is odd. The sword is still active and shines brightly even though Abaddon's body is completely gone. The power keeps getting stronger even though no one held it. It's as if the sword isn't satisfied with its kill so it has the control of its own. It is demanding for more demon blood, hungry for more, greedy for more.

The longer Lucifer stares at the sword, the more he gets the creep. It feels like the thing he's afraid the most is about to happen.

White.

All white.

The next thing he knows, he is immobilised. The sword, the Divine Light, the strongest holy weapon of the Celestial Realm is forcing him down. His eyes widened as the sword suddenly burst out with white magic and shines brighter than ever.

"Damn it..."

Lucifer tries to force his weak body to get up. His heart is racing. The sword must be purged quickly or else, all demons in the castle will be in danger. However, he's unable to move. It's not only because of his injuries but also because of the pressure from the holy weapon. It's stripping his power and life force.

"Ughh..."

He falls slump again. He groans and writhes. It's too much. His body can't handle it. He glances at Diavolo.

It looks like Diavolo who is barely conscious struggles to reach out for the sword too. And soon the reality strikes him that he is missing an arm. After wielding the sword for too long, his right arm is gone and only a very little of his upper arm which is dripping with blood is left. 

The sword is killing everyone. Despite knowing the danger, neither Lucifer nor Diavolo can move. The angelic power bursting out is literally pinning them into the floor, shredding their body and soul. It pains them so much that they know they're powerless and unable to do anything at the moment.

'No. I can't let this happen...I need to stop this. I need to stop this--'

He hears footsteps. Someone is coming in.

'Don't tell me...'

Yuki.

Lucifer looks up. The person he has been looking for is here, right in front of him. Yuki pats Lucifer on the head and gives him a soft smile.

"It's going to be fine. Don't worry. I won't let anyone die."

'What're you talking about? Why are you here?! It's too dangerous! Leave!'

Lucifer wants to scream out his lungs but he can't even open his mouth. He can only give Yuki a stern look, hoping they will understand. But then, he is stunned. Both of Yuki's eyes are glowing white just like when they were fighting the demon king.

Yuki ignores Lucifer's warning look and approaches the sword fearlessly. They have made up their mind. They know the consequences of their actions but they don't care. All the matter now is the safety of the demons they hold dear.

With determination look, they step into the sword's vicinity, bracing themself for the impact. Their clothes start to shred and their skin starts to bleed.