Well Laid Plans

He stood in front of a silver saucer filled with a liquid that looked as silver as what it sat in. Bael groaned some, at least the first parts of his plan were working. She was born, and he could tell she was the perfect hybrid to birth the perfect assassin. The grin on his face faded when he felt a presence just to his right. "Brother Lucifer, what brings you to my domain?" He asked it calmly and turned his green gaze to his elder brother. Wings spreading then folding over his back and dissipating.

"Simple, I heard you were doing a little project with the hellborn imps. I didn't believe what I heard through the grapevine so I came to see for myself. Seems your hellhound helpers can't shut their howling muzzles about your projects dear brother." Lucifer grinned and tapped his cane on the floor. "So what exactly are you trying to accomplish?"

"The perfect hellborn assassin... an imp... who can go between worlds without being recognized." Bael showed him. "She is half the equation.. she will be the mother."

"And the father?"

"He's already chosen as well from the snake imp subspecies that came up on its own in Wrath. They aren't pure either."

"So what.. you intend to bring them together yourself..."

"No.. I try not to meddle too much, a nudge here or there. She will have an insatiable want to be with him on first sight though, because they are perfect for each other. Trust me... it will be fine brother." Bael smiled and looked to him, green eyes glowing.

"As you say, but you know Father dislikes hellborn on the surface." Lucifer warned.

"Yes but Father knows all and does very little to interfere himself, you know that very well."  Bael pointed out.

"Yes, maybe it's suppose to happen then. Still... watch yourself." He nodded and turned to leave. 

"I shall.. as well as my charges..." he smiled watching the small succuimp.

Through the years he watched her grow, learn, mature. Giving a nudge here or there to keep things on the right path. His project was all he had. Bael was as sexless as the sword hung over his mantle, so he had no kids.. no wife... just his projects. His current one was all consuming, the perfect hellborn assassin. 

"Suppose I succeed... what then.. hmmm... well suppose I worry about that later."