Halfway There

Months had passed and Lena had started showing. Havu would curl up next to her just to feel the little kicks of her sibling. 

"Should we find out what gender the kiddo is?" Striker asked, he was sitting on her other side arms around her. 

"Probably." She smiled some. 

Striker wagged his tail. "Ah'll set up an appointment with the doctor then."

"Alright." Lena relaxed. 

Havu was just as excited to find out if she would have a little brother or sister. Her little tail wagged fast, giving off a faint rattle sound. She looked up at her mother and purred softly. "Mama, do you think Ah'll be a good big sister?"

"Of course you will. You know, it's funny you ask that, your dad asked me and I would ask him if we were ready, were good enough to have you. I told him he would be great dad and he told me I would be the best mom. You are gonna be the best big sister ever, I know it lil' snoot." she smiled and held her close, tail wagging some.

Havu grinned real big and hugged her close. "Ah love you ma!"

Striker smiled some. "Yer gonna be the bestest big sister ever, because yer a part of both of us." he grinned and kissed them both on the head.

"I'm kind of excited to know the gender." Lena smiled some and wagged her tail. Striker curling his tail with hers and holding them both. "Whatever the gender, ah know we are ready." he said confidently.