Sick and Scrappy

( okay the art piece I'm going to be using I borrowed from here: https://www.deviantart.com/slagsniper/art/sinner-764775265 )

A good two weeks had passed since the issue with Shade. 

Striker had been putting together the nursery after moving her stuff into his bigger room. A great crib, a mobile with horses on it and painting the walls a neutral light brown with horse and butterfly decals.

Lena had been having odd cravings... morning sickness and bouts of lethargy. Thankfully her ankles hadn't swollen and she didn't feel bloated or felt pain. 

However that last part changed when she woke up actually sick one morning.it started with her going through hot and cold phases, followed by coughing fits and aches all over.  She stayed in bed and curled up under the covers. 

Striker did a little research to try and help her. "Hun... Ah'll be back.. you stay in bed. Ah'm gonna get ya something to make ya feel better."

Lena's voice was a whispery rasp. "Okay... be safe."

He smiled some. "Always pumpkin. Now you stay in bed."

------

Meanwhile in town an old flame had showed up. "Crazy" Kacey Irons was back in town. This hellhound had a reputation for being both a badass shot and the most jealous bitch in Wrath. She spun her gun after shooting some cans off a roof and blew the smoke away. 

"Guess who's back in town assholes!?" She gave a full toothed grin.

That scar on her neck was from fighting a Hellcat. She was the toughest Hellhound in Wrath, she also had the worst temper. Looking around she growled some. "Now... where is the ornery, bastard that left me at alter!? WHERE IS STRIKER!?" 

The crowd backed away from her. The hound growling out. "That miserable sonuvabitch said he would marry me, then made me look like a fool! If Ah can't have him he can fucking die!" She was seething mad. Red and silver gaze looking around, snarling some.

She caught his scent and whipped her head around toward the pharmacy. Catching sight of Bombproof as he took off. She jumped on her Nightmare, Rage. This mare looked just like Bombproof save for the scar over her neck, a claw mark from a Hellcat. 

>>>>>>>

Kacey followed him all the way back to his cabin. She was sly though, following at a distance. So when she came to the cabin he was heading inside with a bag from the pharmacy. Was someone hurt? Sick? Who would cause such a stir in this imp's life? Well she couldn't answer anything just sitting on her ass. She hopped off and walked up boldly to the house, waiting a few moments before knocking.

"Just a minute!" Came his voice. He was in the bedroom, she could tell.

She didn't say anything she just listened. There was a muffled voice, female. Sick sounding, did he have a little sister? When they were dating he didn't much talk about family, she respected it. Was this his sister? She tilted her head and waited.