Ch. 3| Party Time (pt.1)

Saturday Morning

Lala

"What are you thinking about wearing?" I asked Diamond.

"I want to wear a jumpsuit or some sweats or something" Diamond told me as we shopped around.

"Girl you ain't going nowhere with me in no sweats" I scoffed.

"That's why I'm not going with you, I'm going with Quincy" she laughed as she looked through the rack of clothes.

Diamond and I had to come to the mall to find something to wear for the party tonight. Diamond isn't a big party goer but this is the last party of the year and since I'm going, I need my girl right next to me.

"I want to wear a dress but you know I get ratchet on the dance floor and I don't want all my stuff showing so I'll have to think of something else" I  spoke.

"Let's match like we used to do in middle school" Diamond suggested.

"Please! We ain't walkin' in the function looking like the Bobbsey Twins."

"The theme should've been camouflage so nobody would be able to see us" Diamond joked.

I stared at her for a minute before we started busting up.

"You're so stupid" I laughed.

"I had to."

I went back to searching the racks for clothes.

"I meant to ask you if you saw that white Benz parked at The Dunes last night, "it was my turn to take the trash out and when I went downstairs I saw it."

"Yeah I saw it" she answered, never looking up.

"Do you know who it belongs to?" I asked.

Diamond has a better view of the parking lot from her apartment, compared to mine. So all of my information comes from Diamond when it comes to new people showing up to The Dunes.

"Yes I do" she said dryly.

"So who was it? Stop being weird."

"It was Niko, he stopped by last night."

"Niko? As in the Niko who's party we're going to tonight?" I asked in shock.

"Yes that Niko." She chuckled.

"What was that fine piece of man doing at your place? Hopefully you."

"We just chopped it up on some cool stuff and then he ended up spending the night."

"Oooh not the church girl finally getting some!" I shouted.

"Girl SHUTUP!" Diamond said sternly.

"So how was it?" I smiled.

"Lala what are you not understanding? I didn't have sex with the man, we just ate and talked for awhile and we fell asleep on the couch shortly after."

"So you mean to tell me that you didn't do nothing with that 20 something year old?" I asked.

"Just because someone is attractive and mature it doesn't mean I have to open my legs to them" she sighed, "and besides he's almost like what Keion is to me."

"Chile you better than me" I laughed.

"Lala" she whined.

"Why was he over there in the first place?" I asked, "I didn't even know that you knew him like that."

"My mom gave me money to pay the phone bill and I went to Q's house so he could take me but he wasn't there so I hopped on the bus and took the 137 to the 15 and paid the phone bill. When I was done I went back to the bus stop and that's where Niko spotted me when he was at the light and told me to get in his car and I did" she told me, "my mom was working a double and he offered his company so we got food and went back to my place."