Ch.18| Count it all Joy

(4 days later)

Calvin
I sat next to a sleeping Diamond and lightly nudged her so she would wake up.

She opened her eyes and scoffed, "boy what do you want? And why are you so close?"

"Let's go get something to eat" I suggested.

"But I'm tired" she whined, "I had to walk all the way from the blvd to get home because I lost my bus pass."

"Wait, wait you hear that?" I asked.

She lifted her head to listen closely, "hear what?"

"It's my stomach growling" I laughed.

She plopped her head back on her pillow, "GET OUT!"

She turned around, making me face the back of her head.

"You know you always wake up from a nap talking about how hungry you are and all we have in their are ingredients, nothing is already made" I told her.

"Leave me alone and get out my bed now" she mumbled.

"Okay how about if I tell you why I really want you to come with me..."

"What is it?" She groaned.

"The Christmas festival at the mall" I told her.

"What Christmas festival?" She mumbled.

"You mean to tell me you've never been to the Christmas festival and you've lived in LA your whole life?" I teased.

"That's what I'm telling you."

The Christmas festival always put me in a good mood, no matter how bad it was.

Admission is always free and the things you have to pay for like games and food are inexpensive.

"Okay so we're going" I told her.

"Im not going."
- -

"I can't believe you got me out the house" Diamond laughed as we walked around. He

"It's been worth it so far, hasn't it?" I smiled.

The Christmas festival comes every year from December 18th to December 25th. Westfield Century City decorates the entire mall like a winter wonderland.

There are concession stands everywhere, there's an ice skating rink and they even have games to play.

It's a way for people who don't have much to still have fun without spending an arm and a leg.

"It's definitely been worth it" she laughed, "I'm actually having a really good time."

"See I told you."

"Shut up you didn't tell me anything."

"You know I wish there was a remote that helped us do an instant replay in real life cause you be telling tales!" I exclaimed.

"Whatever you say" she laughed.

"Oh my gosh!" Diamond exclaimed.