Ch.10|Too Hot to Handle

2 Weeks Later

Keion

The surprise trip that I've planned for Nia is now about a month away. The only thing left to do is for me to get a final head count.

Everyone has not RSVP'd yet and it's getting closer to the date.

After reserving the biggest cabin that I could find in Big Bear, it's all becoming real.

Now the only thing I'm having trouble with is figuring out how the proposal should go.

Should I propose over a candle lit dinner and then have everyone come out after or should I do it after the ski trip? It's just a lot to think about and not enough time.

And even though I don't know at what point I should pop the question, I do know that Nia is the woman that I want to spend the rest of my life with.

She taught me that there's more to love than a word and I see that now. It's more than sex, money, a feeling, etc...

Even the Bible tells us in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 that:
4) Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
5) It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
6) Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7) It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8) Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away

Love is a beautiful thing when people know what it truly is.

Nia didn't have to give me her body prematurely for me to love her or put her morals aside just to prove something to me. She was and still is a great friend to me.

She brings that inner child out of me and in doing that, I'm reminded that life doesn't have to be so serious all the time. It's okay to joke and have fun but I didn't always believe that for myself because I was an all work no play kind of person.

Quincy and I have seen our parents have some high highs and we've also seen them have some low lows, financially speaking.

Eventually we got out of the deep parts of the hood but because I had no desire to go back I started working right out of college.

My Uncle really helped me out by giving me this house because it saved me a lot of money and trouble by trying to get one on my own.

Sharing it with Quincy and Malika have been a struggle but it's good to know that my brother has a place to come to when he comes home.

One day Nia and I will be able to come together and have a home that we shopped for together with hopes of raising a family in it.

But before we get to all of that, I have to propose first and she also has to say yes. I'm hopeful though, I really am.

The sound of keys came from by the front door and that let me know that either Malika or Quincy was about to walk through the door.

"Keion!" Quincy yelled as he walked in the house.

"In my office bro!" I yelled.

After hearing him make all the noise in the world, he eventually showed up to the office.

"Wassup?"

"I'm in trouble and I need you to help me" he said.

"What now?" I asked irritably. He's been back home for less than 24hours and he's already having trouble with something.