Ch. 4| Party Time (pt.2)

Calvin

"Aye man you ready for the party ?" I asked Lono as I barged into his room.

"Who let you in here bruh?" He laughed.

"Auntie Dana let me in" I replied.

"Well knock or something before you open the door, what if I had a girl in here?"

"A girl in here with your Grandmother in the next room?" I laughed, "I know she's saved now but that 52 Hoovers definitely would've came out for the one time."

"You ain't lyin about that one" He laughed.

"Aye you ready for the party though?" I asked as I sat on the edge of his bed.

"Yeah I got something to wear like two weeks ago, it's just sitting in the closet waiting for me to put it on" he told me.

"Oh alright."

"What iyou wearin?" He asked.

"Clothes man!" I snapped, "you know you're  a biter so you'll see what it is when I put it on."

"You still cool with hanging with my homegirl Diamond just so me and Lala can get a little closer if you know what I mean?" Lono smirked.

"Yeah from what you told me about ole girl, she seems cool but even if she wasn't , I still wouldn't mind taking one for the team."

Lono and I are cousins, our grandmothers are sisters.

A lot of people that know us have always thought that we were just close homies and we didn't think that it was necessary to correct them but some people found out the hard way.

Lono is my cousin but I'll always treat him like my brother, and if you mess with my brother I take it personally and I know he moves the same way behind me.

"Alright bet" he spoke.

"Can I take a shower over here you think it's gon be some static between Aunti Dana and my grandma if I do?"

"Nah man go in there and do your thing" he encouraged.

"Appreciate it bro."

I stood to my feet grabbing my backpack with my clothes and toiletries in it.

"Let me ask you something" Lono stopped me.

"Wassup?"

"You straight?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm cool, what you mean?" I laughed.

"If you're on the streets it's okay for you to stay here you know my grandma won't trip" he spoke.

"I'm not on the streets and if I was I wouldn't be staying here because you know it's gonna cause some problems between the family."

"Well I'll be moving into my own spot real soon when I get chips right, you're more than welcome to come along with me."

"I'll have to look I into that."

I lived at my Grandma's house with my Mom until one of my nosey cousins went snooping in my room and found a stack of money at the top of my closet behind some old stuffed animals.

My Grandma started trippin on me, accusing me of selling drugs when she knows I know better than that. She kicked me out and I've been doing my thing since. It's been about 7 months since I've last seen her, I can't seem to find the courage to look her in her eyes because I know she thinks the very worst about me.

I'd be lying if I said the life I live was easy but it's not. I don't complain though, I just pray about it and keep my head up.

"Okay before you go just tell me one thing..." he trailed off.