Ch.20| Duty Calls

Diamond

"I'm so glad you could make it even with this crazy weather" Nia said from the other side of the dressing room.

"I already missed out on the first fitting, I wouldn't dare miss out on the redo" I laughed as I pulled the dress up.

"How'd you get here anyway? Calvin?" She asked.

"Yeah, Calvin dropped me off. I asked him to be on standby so he could take me back home."

"You know I got you girl! It's no problem" now told me.

"Monique, are you ready for me girl?" I asked the seamstress.

"Come on out so I can zip you up honey" she told me.

I pulled the curtain back and walked directly to Monique.

She zipped my dress up and I walked to the mirror so I could see myself.

"Oh my goodness!" Nia exclaimed, "look at you!"

"I do look good, don't I?" I joked as I admired myself in the mirror.

Nia and Keion had a dress/tux fitting for the bridal party last week but I couldn't attend because I had to work.

Thankfully Nia was off today because if she wasn't then I probably wouldn't be able to be in the wedding at all.

They moved the wedding up from December to March. That's when all of Nia's family would be able to show up for her.

If I didn't make time for this dress fitting I was either not going to be in the wedding or I was going to have to show up with a dress that didn't fit.

"See aren't you glad I came instead of Keion" Nia laughed, " If he was here he would've made you get a tux."

Even though I'm going to be Keion's best woman, I wouldn't go dress shopping with him because he's...well he's Keion. He looks at me like a sister and Nia was not lying because if it was up to him I'd be wearing a tuxedo. He actually suggested that when he asked me to be his best woman.

I'm just glad that Nia spoke up and took me to the dress fitting herself.

"I love the length of the dress, how do you two feel about it?" Monique asked.

"I liked that she tried the dress on with heels so we can really get a feel for what we're working with" Nia stated, "it looks perfect to me, how do you feel Diamond?"

"I love the length but it does need to be taken in a bit around my waist because it's loose fitting but I have no other complaints."

Monique stared at the back of the dress for a few minutes.

"I see what you mean" she spoke.

"Stand up straight for me honey" she told me.

I stood up straight and she pulled the dress together in the back.

"How does that feel? Is it comfortable?" She asked.

"Yes it's comfortable" I told her.

"Okay so I'm going to take the dress down two sizes and you can pick it up tomorrow. How does that sound?"

"My next day off is Saturday" Nia spoke, "but I can send her with the money to pay for it."

"No I already told you that all alterations are free of charge" Monique smiled.

"Well that sounds good to me" Nia smiled, "Diamond can you come by and pick the dress up tomorrow?"

I'll probably have to ask Lala's dad for a ride because I'm not carrying a dress on the dirty bus.