prologue

PROLOGUE

DAEMON TARGARYEN thought he could have everything

DAEMON TARGARYEN thought he could have everything. Whatever he wanted, he got — except Rhaenyra and it was infuriating him. He knew the only way to get what he wanted was to pay a visit to his dear wife.

Lady Rhea Royce however, seemed to be in a predicament — riding her horse down to the mountains, a small baby in her arms. She didn't feel guilt for what she would do but she'd pay the cost.

Stepping down from her horse, Rhea Royce rocked the sleeping baby in her arms, a beautiful baby girl.

A bastard.

Her dark brown hair, rose cheeks and tiny fingers sat beautifully in her arms whilst a hooded figure watched from beside the rocky mountain with furrowed brows.

Placing the baby on the ground, careful not to wake her, Rhea backed away quickly until boots shuffled behind her.

Lady Rhea Royce was a cunt. A cunt that Daemon felt he had to get rid of. His dark cloak covered his white, short hair — his face covered as well. He sauntered down the rocky path towards her, witnessing what she had just done.

"Look at you", he taunted but she held a strong face, the pair looking at the sleeping baby on the ground then back to each other.

Daemons face held disgust but not toward the child that he obviously knew were a bastard but towards his lady wife.

Rhea was the first to speak after a moments silence,"Husband", walking away as he came closer to sit back on her horse. Daemon then realised she felt no sorrow for leaving her child out to die. "What brings you to the Vale? Or have you at last come to consummate our marriage?".

"Seems like you've consummated already", he spat, still disgusted.

The words shocked her slightly before she composed herself with a jest, "The Vale's sheep might be willing. Even if I'm not. Our sheep are prettier, after all. Or perhaps your brother has at last had his fill of your company".

"Like your company?", Daemon insinuated and looked towards the baby.

"Cast you aside in favour of a little girl", the woman ignored his jab and snarled. Daemon however stepped forward, a hand reaching out to pet the horse she sat upon but the animal moved away.

"What will you do now? Will you strike the child down? Or?", the words fell flat on her lips, face dropping at the realisation.

By Daemons amusement, her hand crept behind her to draw a bow but she was not fast enough. He had already startled the horse, the woman falling off with it crushing her — leaving her paralysed on the grass.

The prince stalked toward her like prey, looming down on her as she cried, "That's what your daughter feels like over there". His words echoed before he turned to leave, towards the child.

"I knew you couldn't finish", Rhea voiced making him stop. "Craven!".

She should've known better.

After, he crossed the grass to the child who was now awake. Her small babbles made his lips twitch. He couldn't leave her, despite his annoyance towards children.

"Look at you, my sweet girl", Daemon picked the baby up and pinched her rose cheeks, making her giggle. She couldn't be more than a few months old.

The prince fully smiled then, when the babe wrapped her tiny fingers around his big finger. A gesture that warmed his cold heart.

"I'll take care of you now", he began walking away with her snuggled in his arms. "My sweet Daemerys".

 "My sweet Daemerys"

*i spelt the title wrong (supposed to be the instead of a) but cba to change it lmao*