2. a dragonrider

CHAPTER TWO

DAEMERYS had been off the whole day

DAEMERYS had been off the whole day. The halls of the castle were filled with nothing but whispers. A mothers last breath a flame arise. On repeat, her mind was going mad.

Her father had told her that her stepmother had begun her labours and the young girl was nothing but ecstatic as herself and her sisters awaited their new addition to the family.

But Daemerys must have felt something was wrong because Daemon watched as she exited the room to venture to where the lady was screaming in pain. "A mothers last breath a flame arise", she whispered.

The prince looked down at his child before walking to the room, the man helping his wife came out as he arrived and the two spoke in hushed tones, not noticing Laena leave.

The girl didn't often think of the things she were told, never really thinking the things she were told had meaning.

But after her stepmothers death, the way in which she died — she couldn't help but thinking maybe something was going on with her. Maybe she was broken.

"Sweet girl, gather your things. We are leaving", her father entered her chambers with her handmaidens. The bags under his eyes were more than noticeable, he had lost a wife and a child.

"Where are we going, Father?".

"Driftmark".

Daemerys had heard stories of Driftmark, when Laena would try and get the girl to sleep when her father was busy with pressing matters and she awoke from the many nightmares she had.

The young girl took to comforting Baela and Rhaena whilst on the way to the place they were going. She may not have been Laenas daughter but she may as well have, but for her sisters it was different. They lost their real mother and that had to hurt.

It didn't take long after their arrival for them to hold the late woman's funeral. "We join today as the Seat of the sun, to commit the Lady Laena of House Velaryon to the eternal waters, the dominion of the Merling King where he will guard her for all the days to come. As she sets to sea for her final voyage, the Lady Laena leaves two true-born daughters on the shore. Though their mother will not return from her voyage, they will all remain bound together in blood. Salt courses through Velaryon blood. Ours runs thick. Ours runs true. And ours must never run thin".