4. after all this time

CHAPTER FOUR

6 years later

6 years later...

A LOT has changed within the last six years. Rhaenyra had married Daemon after faking Laenors death, Daemerys had been there when the pair planned the event, not wanting to leave her fathers side after the events that occurred that night.

Daemon had a lot of explaining to do but he did it, sat her down when Rhaenyra left — giving the two their space. He had told her everything, how her mother was his wife, how her mother had an affair and left her for dead, how he had found her, even told her that he killed her mother but she hadn't cared.

After a while, Daemerys forgave Daemon for keeping it a secret, knowing deep down he just wanted to protect her. She had been happier since they left Kings Landing, having a complete family — a mother, a father, brothers and sisters, she had everything.

Over the years she had spent her time travelling with Lord Corlys, he trained her with a sword and her father did the same when she was home. Though Lord Corlys was now missing in battle, the young woman had been home as she had not gone to battle with him due to her family suggesting she didn't go.

She had become an expert at practically everything, as well as keeping up with her studies in philosophy and history. She wanted to be the best, she had to be the best because if she wasn't then she was just a bastard and Daemerys didn't want to be just that.

As time went on, her sisters drifted away to be with their grandmother, leaving Daemerys to spent her time with the Velaryon brothers — not that she had minded, they took a great liking to her. She had protected them that night and continued to do so, the least they could do was greet her into the family with open arms.

Lucerys was the first to call her sister, Jace not far behind, it had warmed the woman's heart to know she had a family that loved her. Rhaenyra had been the mother that she needed since Laena's death and the princess did so with great pleasure.