13. knife to neck

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CRISTON knocked on the door to Daemerys' chambers later that day

CRISTON knocked on the door to Daemerys' chambers later that day. He waited until he heard tiny footsteps padding across the floor toward him before the door opened.

Daemerys smiled at him , looking at him expectedly, "Everything well, Ser Criston?", she asked. They hadn't spoke of what he told her in the gardens — she suddenly felt weary of everyone around her, including Aemond despite their previous encounter.

She felt that the confession had set her back, her feelings back and her mind. She kept a dagger tied around her thigh — under her gown just in case, but she also hoped she'd never have to use it.

"A letter", Criston handed her the letter before giving her a curt nod and turning back to face the hallway. Daemerys thanked him and closed the door, venturing to a chair by the fireplace.

Her eyes scanned the blotched paper in her hands, "My sweet girl, I hope Kings Landing has been bearable for you. Lucerys has missed you a lot and has asked constantly about your health and well-being. He has been quite disappointed that he hasn't received a letter from you in the few days we've been gone. I must say I feel the same. Nevertheless, I hope Aemond has been treating you fairly", Daemerys felt her cheeks blush at the mention of Aemond and rolled her eyes, "We are departing for Kings Landing in a months time for the wedding. Please write, Daemerys. Mother and Father".

The woman could tell who had wrote what by her fathers messy hand writing and her mothers neat one. Daemon had of course been the one to ask about Aemond — remembering what he told her before he left and she smiled at that.

She had missed Lucerys the most, the young boy had never spent more than a night away from her ever since they were young. She was everything to him and she felt the same — she'd protect him till her last dying breath.

Tucking the letter onto her desk, Daemerys remembered what she had planned that evening since Aemond's departure and walked to exit her chambers. "Ser Criston, please mind my chambers until I return".