15. hardened heart

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

TW: MENTIONS OF ATTEMPTED RAPE

ANGER. That is was Daemon Targaryen was blinded with when he heard the news that his sweet Daemerys had been attacked in her sleep by a vile cunt.

His shoulders grew tense as Rhaenyra read out the letter that was sent from King's Landing — the entire family were standing around the table with horrified looks etched on their faces.

"Those Green cunts", he spat, earning a sorrowful look from his wife — Rhaenyra covered her mouth in shock. She should have known better than to leave her daughter in the Hightowers care.

"We must leave now", Lucerys butted into the silent air, you could cut the tension with a knife. The young boy was already making his way to the dragon pit, followed by his brother and their betrotheds.

Daemon nodded to Rhaenyra and she rubbed her belly with a nod — they'd return to King's Landing and take back their daughter from the clutches of the people who tried to harm her.

Daemerys stared out of the window of her chambers, despite the occurrence, she couldn't find it in herself to leave — only demanding the body be removed which Criston did himself.

The man hadn't left her side all night after he got rid of the body, sitting in the chair by the fireplace, watching as the once sweet yet timid with hatred girl grew hardened. The tears had stopped and her eyes had changed as she looked out into the sea.

Aemond had been beside himself, ordering every knight to find out where the man had came from and who sent him to hurt his betrothed — Daemerys admired his attempts but she knew it wouldn't matter once her father arrived.

Aemond had tried to console her but thought it best if he gave her space so he sat outside her chambers, back against the stone wall so he could reach her if she called for him — but she didn't, not even once.