21. what a liar

CHAPTER TWENTYONE

CHAPTER TWENTY—ONE

5 months later

5 months later....

ALYS had been Daemerys' rock throughout her pregnancy, Aemond had also been with her through every stage — the pair taking her to the maester or becoming overly worried when her face contorted into pain when she felt the baby kick but it was all natural. Daemerys was having a natural pregnancy and she couldn't thank the gods enough.

It was crazy to her, the idea that almost two years had gone by that she had been married to Aemond — the man she despised more than anyone else in the world but now she loved him and she loved the idea of loving him for the rest of her life.

Surprisingly, Alicent had been spending time with Daemerys. She showered her with gifts for the babe and oils for herself that would help her aching feet or relax her body. Of course, the woman was grateful but she didn't trust her mother in law as far as she could throw her.

Her family had stayed in Kings Landing for a short while before heading back to Dragonstone. However, Rhaenys offered to stay in the place of Rhaenyra — who didn't want to leave her pregnant daughter despite her duties at home, Daemerys was grateful considering she hadn't spent much time with the older woman since living in the Keep.

Daemerys stood awake in the middle of the night, a hand holding her back and the other rubbing her belly — she looked back to Aemond who slept lightly, his hair covering his face slightly and naked chest rose and fell with equal breaths.

Her mind had been plaguing her with nightmares all night, all the same dream — a beast beneath the boards but every time she tried to get closer to see what kind of 'beast' it was, she'd jump awake.

The Keep was silent, nothing but the wind breezing by and night owls tweeting, nothing could set her mind to rest.

But to her lack of knowledge, her uncle had passed in his sleep which was the cause of her nightmares. The small council were holding a meeting in the dead of night, plotting to install Aegon as King — Ser Criston had not been in the room but with Alys in her chambers. But Lord Lyman was now dead, by the hands of Ser Arryk unknown to his twin Erryk who slept peacefully in his chambers.