18. secrecy in the place for love

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

*MATURE CONTENT*

*MATURE CONTENT*

AEMOND had never been more nervous to do something in his entire life

AEMOND had never been more nervous to do something in his entire life. Even the night he had claimed Vhagar, he wasn't nervous nor scared but at this present moment, he was sweating like a man who really did have hot dragons blood running through his veins.

Daemerys watched subtly as her lover stumbled down the path with their hands interlocked, he looked worried, "Are you okay, my love? We don't have to do this".

Aemond looked down at her as she whispered and shook his head with a smile, he was more than happy that she was becoming his wife — he was nervous because he didn't think he would make a good husband and to him, Daemerys should have only the best.

"I want this, I want us to be happy. My only hope is that you do not come to regret it, my love", his truthful words had Daemerys furrowing her brows and stopping in her tracks — making him stop.

She shewed the group ahead of them who had stopped when they realised the couple had stopped moving but continued to walk when she told them to, not going so far that they wouldn't be able to see them.

The nights air picked up, Daemerys holding both of Aemond's hands despite her shivering and looked at him adoringly, "You, my love are the only person I want to marry. Our life together has been terrible", a chuckle left his lips and she smiled at the noise of it, "But now we have a lifetime to make up for it".

Aemond removed his hands and cupped her face softly, his pale hands warmed her face from the cold that was nipping at her cheeks, he leaned down and kissed her softly, "That we do", he mumbled against her lips, growing relieved at her faith in him.

Once again, they moved down the hill in step of Daemon, Rhaenyra and Criston. The man looked uncomfortable and Daemerys silently grabbed his hand, the Knight looked down at her and smiled lightly, seeing the excitement in her eyes.