10. playing with the devil

CHAPTER TEN

RHAENYRA looked upon her daughters angry face

RHAENYRA looked upon her daughters angry face. They were leaving her behind. Leaving her because she is betrothed to Aemond.

"You simply cannot leave me alone with these—", she yelled as rain poured down, soaking her and her family as they readied to leave. "—vultures".

Rhaenyra held her face with a look of sympathy, "We did not intend to but the Queen wishes you to stay, it is out of my hands, my sweet girl". Her mother felt for her, she had every intention of bringing her back home until the wedding but the Queen insisted — her not knowing that it had been Aemond who had asked his mother to let her stay.

"They will eat me alive, mother", Daemerys whined, Daemon chuckling at her words knowing his daughter was more than likely going to be the one to eat the greens alive.

"We will be back in a moons time to begin preparations for the wedding, you must get to know Aemond again", Rhaenyra spoke softly knowing how her daughter detested the man but she had hope that deep down perhaps she could learn to love him.

Rhaenyra was no fool, she noticed the way her brother looked towards the woman at supper, the looks he gave her whenever she wasn't looking — he was in love and it was remarkable giving the circumstances. Her only hope was that Daemerys could find it in her heart to let go of her hatred.

When Daemerys deflated, the princess hugged her tightly before kissing her head and taking the younger children into the carriage. Lucerys was next as he hugged her waist, the woman petting his hair like a small child and kissing his cheek before ushering him away.

Jace however looked tense, he didn't want to leave her with the likes of Aemond, "I will be fine", he looked to his sister who had spoke, her lips were tight in a smile, she was displeased but she didn't want him leaving without knowing she would be well.

His simple nod was satisfactory enough and he moved to hug her, a short hug but a pleasant one. Daemon was last in his goodbyes, he hated the situation most. "If anything happens, you send a raven and I will fly here and kill anyone who has displeased you", he swore as he brought her into a hug.