Chapter 21

And now for the bonus chapters....

The Hard Deck has never looked so good before. It felt like the music, the people, the atmosphere, everything was just a hundred times better. Or maybe it was just because I finally had Bob by my side.

"You feeling okay?" Bob asked, looking at me with a smile as we had just entered the bar. 

I gave his hand a gentle squeeze and nodded.

"I'm okay, I promise" I gave him a warm smile. 

We looked around the bar, which was pretty crowded tonight, but it still wasn't hard to spot and hear our friends who, of course, were all gathered around the pool table. I let out a small chuckle before Bob and I squeezed our way through the crowd. 

"Ah look! The lovebirds have finally arrived!" Coyote exclaims with a big smile making pretty much everyone laugh and let out 'oooo' sounds. 

"Please don't call them that while I'm here" My brother fake gags and covers his ears only making all of us laugh at him. 

"Oh grow up, Bagman" Phoenix snickers, playfully punching his shoulder. 

I just laugh at my brother before placing a kiss on Bob's cheek and then joining Omaha, Rooster and Fanboy at their game of pool. Chatter and laughter broke out once more while Fritz, Halo and Payback went to the bar to get us all drinks. 

I guess some idiot, probably Maverick, left their phone on the bar since I doubt those three would want to buy us all drinks. But, none the less, the drinks arrived. 

"Everyone, let's gather around" Coyote yelled and our little pack of pilots gathered around Coyote who were now standing on a chair for some reason, raising his drink. 

I stood at the side, leaning against Bob who's one hand rested on my waist while the other held his drink. Everyone clapped as Coyote began his speech. I swear, Coyote is the kind of friend who can just become friends with everyone immediately. 

"So, firstly I say we raise a toast to each and everyone of us for all the hard work and the success of the mission" Coyote began while everyone cheered and raised their drinks. 

"And second, I say we raise a toast to Supernova, sorry Nova, for her heroic actions" Coyote continued. 

My cheeks grew hotter as everyone was now starring at me while cheering and clapping. I felt Bob's body vibrate from his laughter before he pushed me closer to the chair, Coyote was still standing on. 

I shook my head, trying to get out of the situation, but my best friend didn't budge as he put out his hand. I sighed, knowing that I had to give up and accepted his help as he stepped down from the chair and helped me get up instead with my arm that wasn't injured as that one was currently holding my drink.

"Yeah speech! Wohoo" Nat laughed, we were all clearly already affected by the alcohol. 

I looked at Nat and playfully rolled my eyes. 

"Uh alright, well I'm not really good with speeches" I start, trying my hardest not to burst out laughing from the drunken cheers and smiles I get from everyone. "But first of all thank you for the toast, and uh well I'm just happy that we're all here and things turned good. And personally, I could really use a little break from impossible missions" I finish making everyone laugh and cheer once again as I raise my glass, drowning the last of it. 

"Wow, that was such a beautiful speech" Bob chuckles as I hop back down from the chair and lean against his side as he throws an arm around me making the butterflies in my stomach go crazy again. 

It's only been one day. But now I know what he feels for me and he knows what I feel for him, and it finally feels so right to be around each other. It's like he is the part, I've been missing my whole life. 

"I know right? It's like I've been preparing for it for months" I laugh, flashing him a smile. 

"Well, I'm gonna head to the bar for another drink. Be right back" I place a quick kiss on his cheek before leaving. 

"Do you have to be so lovey dovey with him?" My brother follows me to the bar, doing another fake gag. 

"Oh relax, Jake." I chuckle, ordering my drink. 

"Just keep it clean around me, okay?" Jake says, grabbing a beer. 

I just laugh and pat his shoulder, "Fine dad" I mock, laughing as he just walks back to the others. 

"So... I heard you have been quite the hero" Penny's voice sounds and I turn around to find her smiling at me. 

That's when I notice Maverick sitting at the other end of the bar, clearly looking at Penny. I must say, they make a cute couple. 

"Well uh, I guess, you can say that" I chuckle, taking a zip out of my drink. 

Penny's expression turns more soft, "But you are okay, right? Maverick told me about everything, it must have been scary" she asks and I nod. 

"Yeah it was a bit scary, the thought that I might have died back there, but... I'm okay now." I answer truthfully. 

"I'm really happy to see you safe back here again, Luisa" Penny smiles before her smiling turns into a smirk. "And uh... any news on the boy situation?" she squeals like a little gossip girl. 

I chuckle, feeling my cheeks grow hot again, "Uh... yeah there might be some news" I grin. 

"Oh do tell me more" she gasps, leaning on the bar, waiting for my answer. 

"Well we uh... we might have kissed" I let out, chuckling at the excited expression forming on her face. 

"Really? So, are you together now?" She asks. 

"I mean, we haven't exactly labeled anything yet, but uh we're getting there" I blush. 

"Oh Luisa, that makes me so happy to hear" Penny smiles. 

"Thanks Penny. Seriously" I smile back and leave the bar to go back to the others. 

The rest of the night flew by in a hurry. We all chatted, laughed, played a shit ton of pool, sung along to Rooster on the piano, danced, and everything was perfect. My stomach was basically hurting from laughing so much, but it was just what I needed. 

Currently, we had hit the time of the evening, where people were a lot more calm, relax, or just tired as fuck. At this point, I was just sitting at a table, leaning against Bob who had his arm around my waist. 

"Hey Bob?" I say, turning my head to look at him. 

"Yeah?" he asks softly. 

"Do you want to head out of here? I'm getting a bit tired" I say, a grin playing on my lips. 

"Actually, I'd love that." he says in a low voice. 

Fuck, that's hot. No stop... but it's true

I look around, noticing that pretty much everyone is occupied with something, or someone in Coyote's case. 

You go girl (Coyote hehe)

But since everyone seemed busy, it wasn't hard to leave the bar without someone noticing or stopping us to talk or something. Bob hadn't had a lot to drink, so he was good to drive thankfully. 

"My place or yours?" Bob smirks, placing a hand on my thigh. 

And there goes the melting of my heart again. 

"Hmm, whatever is closest" I reply, sending a smirk back. 

"My place it is then" he answers. 

I don't think those butterflies will stay still anytime soon. Definitely not.