Chapter 23

I don't think, I've ever been this nervous and excited to be at the airport before.

Starting from Monday, in two days time, I will officially be a part of Top Guns new special task force. Well, it isn't completely Top Gun, so they decided to name it: The Firebirds. Pretty badass if you ask me, and also kinda ironic since Phoenix will be joining the task force. 

But anyway, after finishing our job in Virginia, Jake and I moved to California. We live in the same apartment complex, but I live two floors above him. The apartment is pretty dope to be honest and I like it here. We've only been here for a little under two weeks though. Phoenix didn't join us until three days ago and she lives in another apartment about 10 minutes away from me and Jake. 

But that's not why I'm at the airport now. No, I'm at the airport because in just a few minutes, after 9 very long and dreadful months, I'll finally see Bob again. Maybe it's me who's overreacting, but it turns out that long distance relationships are actually pretty hard. 

Sure, we've called and texted and facetimed as much as possible, but we've both been really busy and it's just not the same as seeing each other in person. Hence, the reason I'm standing here at the gate, waiting anxiously for him to turn up. 

His plane just landed so it shouldn't be long now. The airport is filled with traveling people and it almost seems suffocating to stand in the middle of it all. But it is all worth it, when I finally spot him. 

His hair has grown a bit, and he's slightly more tan, but other than that, he still looks the same. A cute smile on his face, a surprisingly well-trained physique, his cute glasses and his mesmerizing eyes. I will never get tired of looking at him.

He's carrying his bags, looking at them as if he's checking if he didn't forget something. I can barely contain my smile, and when our eyes finally meet, my smile is unstoppable. 

His lips curl into a big grin as I run towards him, making him drop his bag on his suitcase. I fly into his arms, holding on tight as if I'm afraid he'll disappear when I let go. His arms instantly wrap around my waist and back and I lean my head into the crook of his neck. 

"God, I've missed you so much" I whisper, feeling so overwhelmed that I can barely speak. 

"You have no idea, how much I've waited for this" Bob whispers back, placing a kiss on the side of my head as we finally slightly pull apart to look at each other, still with our arms wrapped around each other though. 

We share the same wide grin before none of us can hold it back any longer and that warm feeling in my body returns when our lips collide. I must be made out of something really sustainable, because I keep melting every time we touch.

"I love you so much" Bob smirks as we pull apart. This is a public airport after all. 

I will never get tied of hearing him say those words. Like ever. 

"I love you more" I say, flashing a soft smile before he picks up his suitcase again while I take his hand luggage. 

"Hm not possible, babe" Bob chuckles, placing a hand on my lower waist as we exit the airport. 

Bob was moving in at the apartment complex right next to me and Jake, which could not have been more perfect. Since we weren't married, we couldn't get a place together, even though that would have been a lot easier, but it won't stop us from sleeping over at each others most nights. 

After helping him move his stuff in, even Jake came to offer a hand, we decided to head out for dinner. Well, not Jake. He'd hang out with Phoenix instead probably. 

I know my brother will never admit this, but he has missed Bob as well. It seemed like every since he accepted our relationship, he has been talking a lot more to Bob and probably realized that Bob is amazing. Sometimes, I'd catch my brother texting or calling Bob, the two of them would chat like they had been friends forever. It's adorable if you ask me, and a perfect subject for me to tease Jake about. 

Win-win situation

"I am so relieved to be back here" Bob said as we dug into our food. 

"Was Lemoore bad?" I ask, but Bob quickly shook his head. 

"No, I liked it there. People were nice, and I learned a lot from them. But, it's just not as good as Top Gun" he explained, "Besides, there is a big downside to Lemoore" he adds

I furrow my eyebrow at him, "What's that?" I ask to which he flashes me a cheeky grin. 

"There's no Luisa Seresin in Lemoore. She only exists here" Bob chuckles and I can't help but giggle. 

"That was so cheesy, Bob" I playfully roll my eyes at him. 

"But you loved it" he smirks, reading me like an open book. 

"Hmm maybe a little bit" I blush, taking a zip out of my drink. 

"What was that?" Bob grins

"Nothing" I innocently says. 

"Now who's wearing an innocent smile?" Bob raises an eyebrow at me, chuckling. 

"Oh come on, everybody knows that you're the definition of 'wearing-an-innocent-smile-that-hides-all-the-sass'" I laugh, making Bob shake his head with a smirk. 

"You're only saying that because you're the evil twin" he fires back, jokingly making me fake gasp. 

"You, sir, are spending too much time with my brother." I say, trying to hold the mask though I can barely stop giggling. 

"I am not!" Bob plays along, placing a hand on his chest, acting offended. 

"Really? So, if I find my brothers phone, he won't have your number saved in his contacts under 'Bestie on Board'?" I now burst out laughing. 

I discovered that wonderful and hilarious thing a few weeks ago and I've been waiting to ask Bob about it. I laugh even harder at the shocked expression on his face, his eyes wide. 

"I- I have no idea, what you're talking about" he tries to play it off, but he's a terrible liar right now. 

"Oh but you do, babe. You do" I laugh, before he gives in. 

"Okay fine, but the name was his idea!" he raises his hands, "but... I kinda like it. It's quite funny" he adds, now laughing as well. 

"I can't wait to see the look on Jake's face when I tell him, I know about that" I grin. 

"Honestly... me neither. Can I be there, when you tell him?" Bob asks, I quickly nod. 

"Wouldn't want it any other way, babe" I chuckle.

Luisa Seresin: 1
Jake Seresin: 0