9 𝕳𝖔𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖗.

"Goodbye guys!" Arthur yells, leaving the house after he had told Charles and Max that he was going to meet some guys down in the village

Charles looks at Max, who was sotting tiredly on the bench. Still recovering but he was doing pretty good. Slowly munching on the stewed beef that Charles had learned to perfect since Max had woken up.

The viking told taught him how to cook while he had barely any energy to get up from his seat. Max was too injured to cook so he taught Charles by telling him how to cook. And to Charles' surprise he liked to do so.

"Charlie?" Max asks, Charles looks up at the viking. "I wanna take you somewhere." Max looks hopeful at the Monaque.

"Is it far?" Charles puts the metal cup down that he was cleaning on the sink. He gives Max a look that says that Charles doesn't trust Max at the moment when it comes near his health.

The viking had gotten pit of bed a couple of times before his sister had told him he was allowed to do. He had almost ripped open the stitches on his back. Charles hates how careless Max is about his health or tries to do more then he can at the moment.

"Not far." Max shrugs his shoulders. "Besides it's worth the trip, trust me." Max looks at Charles with these puppy eyes, like it would convince Charles to make this trip with Max.

"Okay, we'll go." Charles gives in, seeing how happy it makes Max that they are going there.

Max gives Charles a big smile. "You won't regret it." Max promises him.

—————

"You fucking lied." Charles huffs.

Charles is panting more then the recovering viking next to him. Who seems to be indifferent to the steep incline. Like Max suddenly wasn't almost dead three weeks ago and hadn't woken up only eight days prior.

"I didn't, I said it was worth the trip." Max grins evilly at the prince.

"How can you not be affected by the incline? You're the recovering one!" Charles asks out of breath. His hands shaking as he sits down on a stone. The two wolves running up the mountain like it is nothing. Of course it's nothing to them.

"I'm a viking, Charles. We ignore the feeling of out of breath. We just go on." Max looks at him as if it's the most normal thing in the world.

"But you're injured!" He points out.

"Yeah, and I ignore it." Max says casually.

Now Charles understands why Victoria didn't stop Max when he got out of bed. Why she only told him to take it easy and left. Charles hates the fact that Max doesn't care about his health.

"Come on, we're almost there." Max ushers Charles back up on his feet.

"No, I'm gonna catch my breath first and so should you!" Charles snaps at Max.