When she opens the door, he can only run and not look back

Jay was walking back and forth in his apartment. Nya had just texted him to wait at home cause they needed to talk. Jay knew that Nya wanted to talk about their relationship. The thing that was screwing with Jay's head is that they always had good talks about their relationship, it was almost sort of a mental check-in. It was healthy and it happened every month. However, Nya had a talk with Jay 2 weeks ago.

Jay was trying to think about what he did wrong.

Even during high school, Nya never said anything wrong about their relationship, not even about how long it took them to be together. The only thing that Nya said negatively about their relationship was the marriage talk in college, yes they wanted to get married but Nya wished it would happen sooner. Jay said he wanted to wait and Nya decided to agree, seeing how she didn't want to pressure Jay into marriage.

Jay's eyes later landed on his picture frame of him, Nya, Kai, Skylor, and Lloyd in graduation. They always considered themselves to be a family. Lloyd looked for a father/older brother model and he found that in Kai. Nya always liked Skylor and saw her as a sister, now she's her sister-in-law. Lloyd even looked at Nya as a mother role model too. They were a small, yet close, family.

Jay smiled as the memories flooded back to him, but was brought back from his trance when he heard the front door open.

It was Nya.

"Hey," said Jay as he hugged and gave Nya a kiss on her cheek.

"Hey, let's sit down. I wanted to talk to you about something," said Nya as they walked to the dining room.

Jay sat next to Nya, he could see something bothering her.

"What is it? Did I do something wrong? Is this about the time I broke your bike's mirror? I already paid you back for that and I even took you out to see that rom-com you wanted to see," said Jay in a blind panic.

"It's not that, Jay. I just wanted to talk about taking our relationship to the next step," said Nya as she reassured Jay.

"Ok?"

"Listen, I've been thinking...... I know we have been dating since grade 10, and now...... I feel like we need to take another step. I know you said you wanted to wait until marriage, but I feel like I can't wait that long. So...... my question is..... would you? Would you be ok if we....... open our..... relationship?"

Jay's heart sank to the bottom of the Marianas trench.

"I...I...I.....what?"

Nya sighed, "I want to open our relationship. I want to experience other things that I haven't experienced and you still want to wait. So I was thinking of a way that we could do what we wanted but also while staying faithful. What do you say?"

Jay looked back to that picture. That wasn't the Nya he once knew and loved.

"Who gave you this idea?"

"A friend from work."

Jay already knew who she had in mind for the "open relationship."

"I'm sorry, Nya. I can't be around someone who isn't faithful. We're breaking up," now it was Nya's turn for her heart to sink.

"What? You're going to break-up just because I suggested an open relationship? If you wanted to be around other girls, you could've. Or you could've just told me no. Why are you doing this?"

"Who did you have in mind for the first hookup? Was it Cole? I know it's him, even though he is my friend, you would let one of the people in my life have sex with you?! Do you not see why I'm breaking up with you?! Nya, you want a clear pass to cheat on me without having a guilty conscience. Hell, even your brother said he would never do open relationships again because everyone got hurt. You weren't there when he found out his exes cheated on him during the relationships! Why do you think he started to go to therapy? He lost trust in women and now he is married to Skylor. He is so lucky, Nya. Imagine the damage this could've done to both of us. If anything, I'm doing us a favour."

Tears started to roll down her eyes while Jay ran to his room and packed all of her bags. Nya couldn't believe it! Her first and only love is breaking up with her. Her only and the longest lasting relationship of 10 years is falling apart before her very own eyes.

Jay returned with Nya's things in bags. He dropped them at her feet and extended his hand out.

"Give me your key," he said coldly.

Nya was still sobbing. She couldn't believe it. All she did was suggest an open relationship to make it better. In the end, it ended up breaking the most important one she had.

As Nya fumbled with the key, Jay's phone began to buzz in his front pocket. He ignored it as he had a bigger problem to deal with.

Nya finally gave him the key and ran out of the apartment with her stuff. Jay finally looked at his phone and saw that Lloyd had texted him. It was a picture of Jay and Nya hugging Lloyd like a little brother. It had text message saying "Happy 11th anniversary guys!!!"

Jay wanted to tell him that they broke up but it would only end up breaking Lloyd's heart even more.

Jay for the first time in a while, he is alone.

So is Nya.

A/N: Don't worry, I am working on the Jaya Week. I'm halfway done with the first story. As for now, suffer in ANGST!!!!!!!!

Thank you for reading :)