Pouring my heart out (Scrap n' Tap) +18

After defending his Welterweight title for the third time, Kai is sent back home with a big fat paycheck and a broken body. Kai's team, which consists of Cole, Jay, Wu, and Lloyd, are helping him get home. This was Kai's toughest fight in his life. His right leg is messed up, he can barely move it. His left hand is broken, his body has bruises and cuts from all the kicks, his jaw is broken and is shut, and finally, his face is broken. He has 3 bruises, one under his left eye, one on his left eyebrow, and the last one under his right eye with a cut on it.

When they arrive at Kai's house, Jay and Cole have to help Kai to get out of the car and into his house. Kai is too prideful for it.

"Here, let me help...." Jay is interrupted by Kai.

"No thanks. I don't neEEE..." Kai fell to the ground and Jay and Cole help him up.

Skylor comes out running and sees Kai. She stopped in the middle of her tracks. Her jaw is left hanging. She stares at him, she doesn't recognize the man she loves with all her heart.

Holding back tears, she runs to Kai. Skylor is speechless. Her heart broke into a million pieces. As Kai opened his mouth, she could see the wires keeping his jaw in place to heal. Kai was struggling to walk, let alone speak. Kai was being propped up by two guys.

"Hi Sky. I'm sorry."

That was the only thing Kai could say to his wife. Skylor couldn't hold back her tears or sobs. Jay, Cole, and Skylor help Kai to get inside. Kai is lied down on his bed. As he nods off, Jay and Cole talk with Skylor.

"What happened?" asked Skylor with a shaky low voice.

"Kid poured his heart out there. The fight was tough, I told him I was going to throw in the towel but he didn't want me to. Lloyd suggested going to the ground but by then the damage had been done. Kai will need those wires in his mouth for six to eight weeks," said Cole with a low voice as well.

After a little bit of back and forth, the guys leave and Skylor goes back to her room to see Kai sleeping on his side of the bed.

Skylor rubs his left shoulder. She looks at his broken face, sleeping peacefully.

How could Kai sleep this soundly?

Thought Skylor.

(Time Skip)

As Skylor woke up, she saw Kai wasn't next to her in bed. She quickly got up and looked for him. She found him in the bathroom, on the tub, with the hot water surrounding him. He looks so peaceful as he relaxes. He looks up at Skylor. He has a faint smile on his face.

"Morning," said Kai with a hoarse voice.

"Hey," Skylor kneels down and gives him a kiss, "I'm going to get Blake ready for school. You want to say hello to him?"

"No, I'll wait until later. I don't want my face to scare him or make him anxious throughout the day," said Kai.

After Skylor took care of Blake, she started to help Kai. He was eating through a straw and needed Skylor to help him walk around the house. Kai even needed help to get to the bathroom. Skylor hated seeing his Kai like this but she knew she couldn't stop Kai from fighting so it was a losing battle.

Kai was lying on the couch with Skylor next to him. She looked him in the eyes, Kai smiled and gave her a kiss on her forehead. Skylor looks at him again and Kai says "What?"

Skylor answers "Will you ever retire?"

Kai gives her a sympathetic smile that does very little.

"You know I will. Then, I'll spend all my time with you and Blake and the rest of my family," said Kai.

"But when will it be enough? When will it be enough wins and title defenses? I just want you to come home without struggling to walk, let alone talk. I want you to be in one piece, Kai," said Skylor with genuine concern.

"But dad, who will prove you are the champion?"

Skylor stood up and looked at their son who just got home.

"When did you get here? Come on, let's go. Dad's tired, he needs rest," Skylor tried to get Blake away from Kai so he didn't need to see his face.

"No, it's fine, Skylor. I still want to see my fire blaze," said Kai as he struggled to sit up.

Blake walked to where Kai was sitting. He saw his face, Blake already saw him bruised and cut but not to this extent. Blake knew this fight was the toughest he's ever been in. However, he is still 4 years old and doesn't understand Kai's circumstances in the fighting world.

"Don't worry, someone will be the next champion. But not because they took it from me, but because they were given the chance by me to take it," Kai reassured Blake.

Skylor's heart still hurts whenever her son sees his father hurt. Kai's road to recovery will be a long one and has already talked about giving up his position as a champion. Kai will always do what's necessary for his family. Kai will always pour out his heart to show them that he will do whatever it takes to make sure they are safe. No matter how much pain he has to go through.

A/N: Sorry this took so long to write. Idk if i'll write during the Christmas break, if i dont, then Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.