Blame* (hc story)

After Blake was born, Kai adapted pretty quickly to being a father. He took care of his son like he took care of his sister. However, Skylor struggled being a mother. To Kai it all came naturally while Skylor was feeling like she took the back seat.

One day, Skylor asked if Kai could take care of Blake for a week. She wanted to get back in fighting shape. She knew that having kids was going to ruin her body but she wanted to stay in top shape. However, what annoyed her the most was that Kai never once asked help from her. Kai was doing great as a dad and she felt like she was missing out.

Eventually Skylor asked Nya for some guidance as she was the one taking care of Lloyd often. She didn't give much other than it might take time. Over time, Skylor started to get into the groove and became a good mother.

The problem started with one of Kai's tattoos. Kai always loved his work of art. He would always say his favourite tattoo was the one of Skylor's name on his ribs. To her, seeing this version of Kai was almost sacred. Like it was a side that no one should see and she loved it. When Kai got his son's name tattooed, it kind of changed Skylor's view. It no longer was a person only she could see.

It's now who he is.

A painting of who Kai is on his body. A flamboyant, confident, and caring man. It no longer felt sacred because everyone on the team knows who Kai is.

Then, the missions got tougher. Kai is constantly going on missions to stop crime. Not only is Skylor concerned that Kai may not spend enough time with his son, but also Kai comes home with injuries. It is rare that he comes home with bruises and cuts, but it was starting to worry Skylor that this could scar Blake.

Kai knew deep down that Skylor had something on her mind. So he decided to set up a date for them. Kai asked Jay and Nya to take care of Blake for the night. However, Kai also had a secret plan.

"Hey Nya, before we go, can I tell you something?" asked Kai.

"Yeah, what is it?" responded Nya.

Kai dragged his sister into an empty room.

"Ok, should I be worried? I don't like the fact that you look so worried. What happened, Kai?" asked Nya.

"I want to ask Skylor to be my Yang."

Nya's jaw dropped.

Kai's never been this committed to one person. The only one was Lloyd but that was because he was Lloyd's teacher and protector.

The question on Nya's mind was "Are you sure you're ready?"

Kai looked her dead in the eyes and said "I want to spend the rest of my life with her. The fact that she has sacrificed so much for our son just tells me that I should take that step. Nya, she's the one person on my mind during our missions. The second I go to sleep, I dream of what it could be if I wasn't a coward and just asked her to be my Yang."

Nya's jaw dropped even more.

Kai. The same Kai who was described as Ninjago's bachelor and playboy, is going to commit to Skylor for eternity.

Is the world ending?!

Apparently to Nya, yes.

Nya agreed to keep it a secret, but she wanted to be the first to know if the question was popped and if she said yes or no.

Kai told her that he'll tell her as soon as she answers.

However, first the date. Then Kai wants to know what's on her mind.

The date goes on. Kai is enjoying the company and so is Skylor, however Skylor still has something on her mind. After dinner, they went on a walk to the park. The lights were shining down on Skylor's beautiful face. The light kept hugging Skylor's feminine body, her skin was glowing under light. Kai kept thinking about her and their future. What would it be like if they became Yin and Yang?

They came to a halt at a nice park bench under a tree and a light. Kai, still mesmerized by Skylor's beauty, finally got the courage to ask her.

"Skylor, what's wrong? Something's been bothering you ever since we brought Blake home. I just want to know."

Skylor only looked down in shame.

"It's not you, Kai. There's this feeling that you don't need me. You took care of Blake like it was nothing, it took me months for Blake to finally start listening to me or at least acknowledge that I'm his mother. Then you got that tattoo of his name and now it feels like our intimacy is non-existent. Like this was a side I only get to see but now it feels like you wear it for all to see," said Skylor and Kai looked at her with concern.

"Skylor, I didn't know you felt...."

"Yeah, how could you," Skylor interrupted Kai as she stood up, "can we just go home?"

"Skylor. If you need to take some time, I'm fine with that but don't ignore the probl-"

"Kai," Skylor interrupted him again, "It's not just my jealousy or envy. The fact you come home hurt concerns me that you might scare Blake. Not just that, my father didn't spend that much time with me when I had no powers. I'm scared you won't be able to spend time with Blake."

A small moment of silence followed. Then Skylor asked, "Can we go back to the monastery?"

Time Skip

Kai went to the guest bedroom instead of his own. He had a feeling that Skylor didn't want him there for the night. It wasn't true though. Skylor wanted to tell him to join her but she knew they both needed some time.

Then an exhausted Nya was at Kai's bedroom door.

"Hey," whispered Nya.

"Hey," said Skylor.

"Blake is with Jay in his bedroom. He is reading him some of the Fritz Donnegan comics so he can go to sleep," said Nya in a quiet voice as she entered the room.

"How was Blake?"

"Oh, he had fun. We took him to the park. He kept wanting to on the big slide so Jay went with him. Blake likes his Uncle Jay. I'll try to make sure he isn't the 'fun uncle.' But who am I kidding, he probably will be," said Nya with a small chuckle at the end.

"Did he ask you?" asked Nya vaguely. She didn't get a message from Kai saying if Skylor said yes or no.

"Ask me about what? What was bothering me?"

"Yeah," said Nya with a confused tone.

"I don't know why I feel like this?" Skylor went on to explain everything to Nya.

"Skylor, he wants to be with you. I know it." Nya reassured Skylor.

"No he doesn't." said Skylor through some tears.

"I don't want to state something that was only meant for my ears only. But he talked to me about proposing to you. Skylor, give each other time and maybe both of you will get your fairy tale ending."

Skylor's eyes widened when Nya said that Kai was planning to get down on one knee to ask for her hand in marriage.

The worst part is she thinks she blew it.