The Blacks

134 AC- Dragonstone

In the absence of Visenya dragonstone was quiet. Her brothers had not taken the news about her leaving for the Iron Islands well, all wanting to go with their sister but the idea was not tolerated by Rhaenyra or Daemon. Joffrey and Luke took the news worse the Jace. Jace knows that Visenya can take care of herself when it comes to fighting but he is still worried about his sister being surrounded by unknown men. Joffrey wanted his sister to come back to dragonstone and tell him stories, when the young boy had first heard the news he blamed himself. Luke worried at first but that worry turned to anger after a short time.

At first, both Rhaenyra and Daemon blamed one another. But both came to an understanding that they just wanted their daughter to come home. Both wondered if they had only told Visenya the truth about Laenor if she would have stayed with them. Both wondered if Visenya would ever come back to them.

The words Visenya had spoken to Deamon cut him deep, he knew that in Visenya's mind he could never replace Laenor as her father but some part of him hoped that she would someday see him as her father. Daemon loves her and just wants to make sure that she is safe.

The news that Visenya had taken the Iron Islands and put a stop to their rebellion had sparked hope that she would be returning. Rhaenyra told the cooks to prepare all of the Visenyas food, Daemon took out some of the finest wine they had, Jace and Joffrey were happy that their sister would be coming home, and Luke was unsure of what he was feeling. But when the Maester told them that the Princess had arrived there instead of Dragonstone it was not well welcomed. Daemon almost cut the man's head off for giving such horrible news.

Rhaenyra and Daemon lay next to one another, with Daemon laying his head on Rhaenyra's chest and her running her fingers through his hair. Both wondered if they were the reason their daughter had not come back to them. Rhaenyra lets out a sigh, her thoughts weighing her down.

"Do you ever wonder if she would have stayed here if we told her the truth," Rhaenyra wonders out loud. She had thought about what would have happened if she and Daemon had only told Visenya the truth about her father. Maybe should have stayed the same happy child she once was. Maybe should have been able to be in a room alone with either of them without leaving. Maybe she would have just asked to fight in the Iron Islands. Not that Rhaenyra would have let her but maybe they would still have a good relationship. Maybe they would still talk.

"If we did that then should have gone to the free cities to be with him," Daemon tells Rhaenyra. That would have been the most likely thing to happen, both know that.

"She is our daughter Daemon. Ours. Yet instead of coming home, she went to them. Alicent has already stolen my father from me and I will not let her take my only daughter," Rhaenyra says and Daemon sits up in the bed and looks down at his wife.

"She will come home," Daemon reassures her. He knows that she will.

"When?" Rhaenyra asks, sitting up as well. "Will she be married by then? Or maybe she will have had a child. Visenya has inherited both of our stubbornness and she will not come back to us so long as she thinks we had something to do with Laenor's death," Rhaenyra grabs a hold of Daemon's hand. "I will not miss out on our daughter's most important moments. If telling her the truth about Laenor will bring her home then so be it,"

Rhaenyra just wants to hold her daughter again. To tell her the truth. To make sure she knows that no matter what she will always love her.

When Daemon had first told Rhaenyra about Visenya leaving she had not taken the news well, trying to leave on dragon back to bring her daughter home but she stopped once Daemon told her that Visenya would end her own life if anyone tries to stop her. She knows that her daughter would never joke about such a thing and unlike her, she would not lie.

"Should we ride to King's Landing then? You are due soon and I do not want you to stress about this. Visenya will come home, I know it," Daemon tells Rhaenyra and he softly places a kiss on her lips.

He wants Visenya to come back. He wants to try and fix the relationship the two share. He wants his daughter back.