Rulers Of The Sky

138 - Harrenhal

"It is a simple dragon ride Aemond," Visenya tells Aemond as he and Ben closely follow after them, trying to convince her not to leave Harrenhal.

The new braces weigh her arms and hands down, but the cold metal could be felt even through the new wrappings Ben had put on this morning. Metal wrapping her non-functional fingers to ones that still can move and supporting her wrist more. It felt weird to have them on, but Visenya can semi-wrap her fingers around things without much effort. Part of her wants to go on this dragon ride to avoid trying to swing her sword, worried that she will not be as good as she once was.

"I should come with you," Aemond tells Visenya, he knows she would be fine, but he just wants to make sure with his eye that she is.

"Both Morghon and Cannibal are going to be with me, and you know that Cannibal isn't very fond of Vhagar," Visenya tells Aemond; she doesn't want to risk his dragon because he flew too close to Cannibal or Visenya and Morghon.

"Then we leave him here," Aemond tells Visenya; Morghon and Vhagar would have the same power as Morghon and Cannibal.

"Aemond," Visenya warns him; she is annoyed with his persistence to come with her.

"You might fall off," Aemond tells Visenya, who rolls her eyes.

"I have been riding Morghon since I was a child," Visenya defends her skills, she and Morghon have a stronger bond than most, and she trusts him completely to take care of her. The dragon would know to take it easy and ensure she is safe.

"It's different now," Aemond tells her; he doesn't want to say why but it is obvious why it is different.

Visenya had learned to ride a dragon with two perfectly functional hands, but if the braces were to fail, she wouldn't be able to take the reins and direct Morghon. But Visenya could fly bareback on Morghon and be fine, having more than enough room to lie on the dragon as he flew.

"Because I'm crippled?" Visenya asks, raising her eyebrow at him.

"You're not," Aemond tells Visenya in a soft voice.

He has been called crippled because of his eye and doesn't want Visenya to feel that same shame. But to Visenya, she doesn't care about her hands; if she can hold her sword and reins now, then she doesn't give a fuck about anyone's words.

"I am, and I trust Ben and the blacksmith," Visenya tells Aemond.

"I wouldn't," Ben tells Visenya and Aemond, looking between the two. He wants to be honest with them and has no idea if the braces will work or if they can withstand a dragon ride.

"Really?" Visenya asks Ben, wanting him to take her side and defend his skills, but the knight shrugs his shoulders.

"I have no idea if they will be able to withstand a dragon ride. We haven't tested them out," Ben answers; he doesn't want to be the reason why Visenya falls off her dragon and to her death.

"What better way than this?" Visenya asks, directing her head towards the dragon resting.

"Maybe horseback," Ben puts the idea out, knowing that Visenya doesn't want to stay cooped up in Harrenhal and that Aemond wants her to recover more.

"No time," Visenya tells Ben, shutting down the idea. She has made up her mind and wants to go on a dragon ride; she needs to feel the wind in her hair and the bitterness of the cold against her cheeks. She also wants to test out just how much the braces can take.

"Vis-"

"I'll be fine; it is a fly around the God's Eye and maybe a little further," Visenya cuts Aemond off, stopping near the nest of Morghon and Vhagar.