Ours Run Thick And True

138 - Harrenhal

Ben had informed Rob about the arrival of a new dragon and the departure of Aemond, giving a new hand an even larger headache than he already had. He had been spending the day with Alla and the children, reading over different letters from some Lords about wanting a position on the Visenya council. The twins had been a nice distortion and break, but the arrival of Ben had ruined it.

Rob and Ben had swapped positions, Ben getting to spend time with the children and Rob going to wait for Aemond and Visenya to return.

"So you have no idea who that man is?" Rob asks; the arrival of a certain sea lord has already put him on edge even more, and without Visenya here to keep things in order, he wonders what will happen.

"No," Aemond answers as he and Rob get closer to the dragon nest. He knew the second he landed back at Harrenhal that he shouldn't have left Visenya alone and that if she were to get hurt, it would be on him.

"And you left Visenya?" Rob asks; he doesn't care if Aemond has left Vhagar with Visenya. He shouldn't have left her alone. What if this man is a skilled assassin sent by the Greens or Blacks to kill Visenya, or if he is an Iron Born that still holds a grudge against her.

"Don't-"

"What if he kills her?" Rob cuts Aemond off; Rob doesn't know what would happen if this man kills Visenya and what will happen to their cause.

Aemond stops walking and looks at Rob; he trusts Visenya enough to protect herself and prioritizes herself. Aemond also knows that Morghon would keep Visenya safe and that Cannibal would happily kill Seasmoke if it meant keeping Visenya safe.

"Do you think I am just going on a dragon ride?" Aemond asks, his hand gesturing towards Vhagar. The old dragon had been restless since they got back to Harrenhal, and even if Vhagar doesn't like Visenya, it seemed that the dragon had not wanted to leave her alone, even with the protection of her dragons.

Rob fidgets on his feet as he looks between the equally mad dragon and its rider. Rob doesn't know why but feels like he has to blame someone and that someone he has chosen was Aemond. He was the only other person with a dragon, so when Ben had informed him of Visenya leaving and a new dragon flying over Harrenhal, he had been expecting Aemond to return with Visenya in tow, but he hadn't.

Not only did Rob not want to face the lords if Visenya was hurt or killed, but the blacksmith had also finished that crown he had made. He didn't want it to go to waste.

The strong winds of a dragon flying overhead prevents Rob from answering Aemond, and both of the men can feel a weight being lifted off their shoulders as they spigot Morghon landing, with Seassmoke not too far behind him.

"Thank the gods," Rob whispers to himself, watching the giant of a dragon land near his and Vhagar's nests. Rob turns to Aemond and lightly hits his shoulder. "You should thank them too because if she didn't return, then I think the masses would have ripped you apart,"

Visenya is fast to get off Morghon, going to Aemond and Rob. She needs Aemond right now, his touch to reassure her everything is okay. Aemond is quick to go towards Visenya, taking his sword away from her and putting it back into the sheath and his belt.

Laenor and Rob watch the two, Aemond taking Visenya into his arms and kissing the crown of her head. To anyone looking at them, they would think that they have been away from each other for years, even if it has only been half an hour.

"Are you alright?" Aemond asks; he can't help his surprise as Visenya rests her head on his chest with her eyes closed.

"Daor," Visenya answers. She's hurt. Not just hurt because she had tried to use Aemonds sword but hurt inside. Hurt that she must not have meant so much to Laenor for him just to leave.