The Future

137 - Riverrun

Visenya had woken up in the early hours of the morning, having breakfast with Rob and Ben while Aemond and the twins continued to sleep. After breakfast, the three friends had chosen to go on a horseback ride around the area, taking both twins with them to allow Aemond to continue sleeping.

Visenya thinks that both twins had enjoyed the ride, but Visenya can tell from how cranky they are becoming that they are starting to miss Aemond and most likely need a nap. Visenya smiles as she sees Aemond lying on the bed, lying on his stomach in the middle of the bed. Visenya admires Aemond as she walks to the cribs in the room, the muscles in his back flexing as he sketches his arms.

"Look who has finally woken up," Visenya teases as she puts both twins into the same crib, smiling as they snuggle together. Aemond groans and buries his face into the pillow. "Come on, my love, you need to get up,"

"It is too early," Aemond complains as he feels the bed dip, knowing the Visenya is now sitting with him.

"Noon has already passed," Visenya tells Aemond as she rubs his back. "Maybe tonight you will not drink so much,"

"How do you all drink so much?" Aemond asks, Rob had drunk more than him last night, and he knows he is probably fine.

"Practice," Visenya answers as Aemond rolls over onto his back. "Hello, handsome,"

Aemond takes Visenya's hand and holds it to his chest. Visenya smiles Aemond's tired eyes stare up at her. Part of her wished he could have joined her and her friends this morning, but there would be more time in their trip for Aemond to spend with them.

"I will never doubt your abilities again," Aemond rasps out, and Visenya rubs Aemond hand with her thumb. Visenya knows that she has to talk with Aemond before the day ends.

"I have to tell you some news," Visenya tells Aemond, and she holds back a laugh as he shoots up in the bed. Dropping her hand and grabbing onto her arms, pulling her closer to him as he stares at her with wide eyes.

"You're with child?" Aemond asks with excitement clear in his voice. Visenya shakes her head, confused at his guess.

"What? No. Why would you think that?" Visenya asks as she looks down at her body. Why would Aemond think she is pregnant? Did she look pregnant? Visenya looks back at Aemond. "Do I look like I'm with child?"

"No, I just assumed that-" Aemond stops himself as he kisses Visenya quickly. "You are beautiful,"

"So you were just hoping that I am with child. Do you want another so soon?" Visenya ask. The two hadn't talked much about the future, and if they would have more children, the most they had talked about this was when Ben teased them about their sex life.

"I want to have a few more," Aemond tells her. Aemond wanted to have more children. He knows how having siblings can make childhood better; he wants his children to have siblings and have a good relationship with them.

"A few more?" Visenya asks. The thought of having to go through labour again scares her. What if she didn't survive it again? "How many more are we talking about?"

"At least one more, maybe two," Aemond tells her. He doesn't want to have as many children as Rhaenyra or his mother, so if the twins could have at least another sibling or two more, then it would be perfect. Aemond is willing to have no more children if Visenya doesn't want to have any more.

"I think that might kill me, and then you will be left to raise them," Visenya jokes through her nervousness.

"Don't joke about that. The gods are listening," Aemond tells Visenya; he doesn't even want to put the idea that Visenya might die out into the world. Visenya nods as she sighs.

"We should have at least one more, and then we will rethink our planes for more," Visenya tells Aemond. She can see herself having at least one more child. "But no, I am not with child as far as I know,"

Aemond can't help but feel disappointed. He had let himself get excited about the idea of Visenya being pregnant again, and he should have waited until Visenya told him what her news was before he let his mind run wild. Aemond hums as he moves his hands down to Visenya's stomach, gently rubbing his thumb over her shirt.

"Then what is your news?" Aemond asks, trying not to sound disappointed.

"Last night, Rob told me an idea. I wanted to tell you last night, but I knew that you would not fully be able to process it," Visenya tells Aemond, gently rubbing his bare arms. "Rob plans on marrying one of Lord Tyrell's daughters soon. Last night he was asking me my opinion on a few proposals that he had gotten, but that is not what I wanted to tell you,"

"Lord Tully is getting married?" Aemond asks, and Visenya nods.

"Yes, you should have seen Ben when Rob told him," Visenya tells him, laughing as she remembers how Ben had thrown Rob over his shoulder this morning when he heard the news. "Rob wants to unit our Houses. If he has a son, then with Daenys, and if he has a daughter, then with Laenor,"

"They are babies," Aemond says, not understanding how this idea was being humoured.

"That is what I told him, but it is something to consider," Visenya tells him. "If they can not marry for love, then I would want to be a part of a House I trust. I wanted to make sure that you knew,"

"But to have proposal so soon-"

"I had offers at this age," Visenya cuts him off. She had a few offers by the time she was the twin's age. "I just didn't want to leave you in the dark about this, and more will surely come,"

Aemond lays back on the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

"Just I was starting to like Lord Tully," Aemond jokes, and Visenya laughs as she lies beside Aemond. Aemond wraps his arm around Visenya and pulls her into his side. He can't help but think about what they have talked about so far.