The Beginning Of The Dance

138 - King's Landing

"And what of Visenya?" Aegon asks his council, this is the second meeting of the green's small council, and Aegon is hoping they have enough time to talk about what to do about Visenya before Aemond joins them.

Aegon had always wondered what his life would have been like if he had married Visenya. When he was younger, he thought his father would have married them as he was his first son and Visenya his first granddaughter, but Aemond had gotten to her first. Part of him also wanted to marry Visenya just to rub it into Aemonds face that he got the girl he loves, but his mother had forced a marriage between him and Helaena.

During the first council meeting, the Greens had brought up what they would do about Visenya; Aemond had defended his wife's actions. Aegon wants to annul his marriage, not only to open up Aemond to marry someone else to gain another ally but so that Visenya would be open again.

Aegon is King now, and that means he can do whatever the fuck he wants to do, and he wants Visenya.

"What do you mean, Your Grace?" Otto asks his grandson. Part of him worries that giving Aegon so much power is a bad idea. That Aegon would take advantage of his newfound power in the wrong way.

The council knows that the Black's biggest advantage is Visenya and her allies that she brings with her. The smart thing to do would have her taken out, but in doing so, they would lose Aemond and anger the men that follow her. Otto had been hoping to use Visenya's children to get them on their side, but then she had taken them with her.

"What are we going to do about Visenya?" Aegon asks again, his hand gripping the wine glass in front of him as he lazily sits in his chair. He still wears his crown and his new weaponry. He knows that Visenya had wanted blackfyre and the king's dagger so that he might give her one as a wedding gift.

"She will not-"

"Are you stupid?" Aegon cuts off the grand maester and pulls out the dagger on his hip, hoping to imitate the grand maester. He looks like a child with a butter knife rather than a threatening king.

The maester looks at the knife in the newly crowned king and then at Alicent, hoping that she or Otto wouldn't let Aegon hurt him.

"My Grace-"

"You seem rather stupid. Why do we have dumb people on my council?" Aegon asks his mother, not caring about calling one of the smartest men in the room stupid

"The Grand Maester is hardly a stupid person, Your Grace," Alicent answers her son. Alicent nervously picks at the skin around her fingers. She doesn't like where this conversation is heading. The last thing they need is for the maester to switch sides.

"Well, he doesn't seem to understand how important Visenya is," Aegon tells his mother as he puts his dagger down on the table, picking up his wine gauntlet again.

"We have a plan to deal with the Princess," Otto tells his grandson.

"Enlighten me," Aegon says, looking around the table. If he is to be king, he should not be left out of their plans to deal with the Black's biggest asset.

"Our best solution is to leave the princess be and have Prince Aemond try and talk her into siding-"

"We should annul the marriage between Visenya and Aemond. Open him up to marry so that we may gain another ally," Aegon cuts off the hand, not liking his plan. He had mentioned this before, but everyone on the council knows that Aegon's plan would not be a good idea.

Alicent leans towards her son, gently laying her hand on his arm. Aegon looks at his mother and down at her hand. He has made up his mind about this and believes that his plan would work. Visenya would be mad, yes, but she would get over it.