𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨

⚠️ Warnings

🔞 Mature content

❗️Incest

👥 Some content might be upsetting to some readers

©️ All copyrights reserved to Warner Brothers Discovery and George R.R. Martin but the Original Character (Daenys Targaryen)

©️ All illustrations were found on Pinterest and all rights belong to their original creators

ℹ️ Dialogs written in Italic means that they're spoken in High Valyrian.

---------------------------------------------------

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐝 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬

Context

House Targaryen is the royal family that has been ruling over Westeros for the past 100 years since Aegon The Conqueror. Of the blood of Old Valyria, they have the ability to ride dragons.

Right before what people call The dance of the dragons, King Viserys Targaryen I ruled over The Seven Kingdoms with his lady wife. They had a firstborn child, a girl named Rhaenyra. For many years, he and his wife had tried to conceive a male heir for the throne but all attempts resulted in miscarriages or stillbirths. Yet, on one happy day, as a Great tournament took place in the Stormslands, Queen Aemma mothered a girl. Her father named her Daenys, as her ancestor the dreamer. On her last attempt, the Queen birthed a son, Baelon. Unfortunately, her Grace did not survive the birth and neither did her son. They left behind them, Viserys without a male heir, but with two daughters.

The King was devastated upon the death of his wife and his son, yet pushed by his advisers, he remarried to lady Alicent Hightower. As to settle the matter of his succession, he named his firstborn, Rhaenyra, his heir. Her sister, Daenys, was deeply loved by her father and adored by all people of the realm. The two sisters were inseparable.

Before Daenys' five name-day, the new Queen birthed two sons, Aegon and, later on the same year, Aemond. Two years later, a new princess saw the world; Helena. At last, the Queen mothered a third son, Daeron. The family seemed more powerful and stable as it grew larger but the division within the house was clear. Slowly but surely the realm divided as well between those who supported the greens , Alicent and her son, and those behind the blacks, Rhaenyra. The only person oblivious to the growing tensions was the King, whose health was decreasing by the days.

As the years passed, Rhaenyra married twice and mothered five children, all boys. Leaving the Red Keep, and her father, she lived on Dragonston with her uncle-husband, Deamon, and her children. Daenys, on the other hand, remained by Viserys' side as the two shared a deep connection.

The young princess reminded him of his late most beloved wife. He loved to have her by him and never married her off as he knew that she would have to retire to her husband's home and leave him. Was it selfish of him? Maybe. But Daenys preferred it that way. Her older sister had abandoned her with the greens , she did not wish to be shipped off to a stranger.

 Her older sister had abandoned her with the greens , she did not wish to be shipped off to a stranger

Daenys of House Targaryen, princess of the seven kingdoms.

a.k.a. "The Red Princess"