𝐗𝐕 - 𝐀 𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐧

❗️Spoiler warning : The story is based on the books and so is the Tv serie, House of the Dragon. The second season is not yet published, so please be aware that certain aspects of the story will eventually be the same as in the second TV- season.

———————————————————————————

Rhaenyra threw the candles on the floor with the back of her hand and screamed. Daemon stood silently by her side eyeing her reaction. Silent tears fell from the Queen's eyes as she fumed with rage over her dead son. "- I will kill them, all of them!" Her husband marched to her side and nodded. "- We will avenge him, you have my word." A man walked in the room bowing his head. "- In fact, I already have a plan..." As Rhaenyra looked up at him, she could see the evil glint in her husband's eyes and nodded her head. "- You might want to hear it." She straighten and turned to the man who had just entered the room. "- Tell me how you intend to avenge your prince." The man approach the couple as the Queen took in his appearance.

The person before her looked troubled. His clothes were filthy and holed. He bowed as he stood before his Queen. "- A son for a son, my Queen." There wasn't an once of emotion showing on Rhaenyra's face as she thought about the suggestion. "- Which son?" The man's lips turned into a wicked grin. "- It was prince Aemond... It'll only be befitting to kill his son, your Grace." Daemon who stood silent until then walked to the man and swiftly grabbed his throat lifting him from the floor. "- No one will lay a hand on my niece's son. Is that clear?" Unable to speak the man just nodded his head, fear clouding his features. Satisfied, the King dropped him back on the floor and turned to his wife. "- The usurper has two sons. Choose which one is to die."

——————————

The cold blade pressed to his throat felt heavy. Aemond could easily fight her off, yet he didn't know if he wanted to. The guilt was eating him up from the inside from the moment Vaghar's jaw closed on Lucerys. The images of what he'd seen - of what he'd done - kept playing in his mind. He had contemplated letting her get on with it. He didn't think he could live with himself any longer anyways. Not after what he'd done. Her lilac eyes were filled with tears and her upper lip shaking. Yet her eyes were full of anger. At that moment, all she wanted was to push the blade further into his skin and slit his throat open. But could she do it? She had stayed for the sole purpose that her son may grow up with his father. If Aemond were to die by her hand, Baelon would never forgive her and she couldn't bare the simple thought of her son hating her.

Dropping the dagger on the floor, tears blurred her vision and she stormed out of the room. There was only one person she wanted and needed to see. He was her flesh and blood and now, the only person in this obscure castle, she could call her kin. In her distress, she had barely noticed the knight headed towards her. It was only when the pair collided and ser Westerling caught her in his arms that she looked up at him. "- Princess, I was so worried that something had happened to you!" The man's eyes roomed over her face looking for scares and only when he found none, he let out a sigh of relief. As he noticed the empty look in her watery eyes, his heart clenched and he pulled her closer to his chest. "- Both of you will be alright. I will see to it, my princess." The girl was like the daughter he never had ; she was different from the rest of them. He had served the royal family for many years now. The knight knew how cunning and wicked they were, even the Queen despite her talks of virtue. Next to them, Daenys appeared as an angle sent from the Seven themselves. She truly cared for the small people and had a golden heart just like her dear mother.

Pulling apart from each other, Daenys regained her composure. "- I need your help to find my son. He was taken from me... I'd wager the Queen took him..." The knight nodded and together they marched to the Queen's appartement determined to reunite mother and son again.