𝐈𝐗 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞

Life at court bettered for Daenys Targaryen as her relationship with her husband was by all accounts envious. Whatever differences the couple might have had, they couldn't be happier at present. The babe was growing and his mother's belly had tripled in size. The child was expected any day now. When the princess had made the joyful announcement, her father was the happiest. The king, despite his poor health, had declared that a great souper was to be held to celebrate the pregnancy of his daughter. Unfortunately his condition made it not possible... Nevertheless, whenever the young lady would visit her father, he always showed undying support and interest for the child-to-be and their mother's dreams. Daenys had stopped dreaming after her vision of Baelon and Aemond. She didn't know what to make of their absence clouding her nights. The rules of the dreams were still very much unknown to her.

On a quest for answers to all the questions the princess had on Targaryen dreams, she decided the best way was to turn herself to the books. Being pregnant didn't allow her much liberty as everyone was worried about the babe. Not to mention the fact that her husband and the father of her child was Aemond. He was restless, checking up on her every hour of the day. While she did find it affectionate at first, as the days passed, she found it suffocating. Unallowed to go in the gardens, forbidden to fly on dragon's back, ... Yet by far the worst thing was the ban on leaving the castle and going in the streets of Kingslanding. Daenys had a profound love for the people - women and children in particular. Now that she was to be a mother, she felt even closer to them. Yet she was forbidden to visit them as it was deemed too dangerous.

Rubbing absentmindedly her swollen belly, the princess walked to the large table in the middle of the room, a book in hand. After she had laid the book on the table and took a seat, she read aloud the title of the enormous dusty book, "The doom of Valyria". The cover was black and was ornated with dragons painted in red and gold. A satisfied grin on her lips, she turned the cover and started reading the ancient text. The princess was convinced the best way to learn about her dreams, was to take a look at the original Daenys The Dreamer. Her forebear had envisioned the doom of Valyria in her dreams and had alerted her father of it. Listening to his daughter, he had gathered his family and they quickly fled Valyria to Dragonstone. When the doom arrived and Valyria was whipped out of the map, the Targaryens remained as the last living dragon riders.

Deeply concentrated into her lecture, Daenys turned page after page learning more about her family's past and the legacy they carried. The usual quicks the babe gave made his mother slightly hiss in pain. "- Easy there little dragon." She would mumble under her breath and with her hand, run circles on her pregnant belly.

The princess reluctantly lifted her eyes to the door as a soft knock on the door was heard. With her approval, Grand Maester Orwyle entered in the room, a missive in his hand. He bowed to his princess before taking the seat next to hers. "- Grand Maester, to what do I own the pleasure of your visit?" The wise man had been appointed to the position for barely a few years now, yet he had accommodated to life at court quickly. After the death of Grand Maester Mellos, both the Queen and Rhaenyra had wanted their own loyal man to serve as the next Grand Maester. On Daenys' advice, Viserys had refused both men and let the Citadel send the right man to Kingslanding. Thereafter, Orwyle had declared himself forever in the debt of the princess.

A faint smile on his lips, he handed his Lady the rolled paper. Daenys quickly read the letter, brows frowned as she understood the heavy meaning of the missive. "- When is the petition to be held?" Clearing his throat, Orwyle's eyes fell to the floor. "- In two days, your Highness..." Worry settled into the princess' mind as she absentminded run a hand on her belly. The Grand Maester had told her a few days ago that the babe was to be born soon. Nor her father, nor the Queen, nor the Hand, nor her husband had allowed her to attend any Small Council ever since that day. She can only imagine the same will apply for the petition. Sighing, she closed her eyes for a moment thinking. "- How are you feeling, my princess?"