095. real life.

THE MOMENT birdie had opened the door, eddie practically flung into his arms, wrapping his arms around birdie's neck and birdie's go around his waist, frowning slightly. "you okay?" he asked quietly, rubbing eddie's back and the munson just lets out a small hum, not really responding to his question.

"i've been... having really bad dreams lately." he murmurs and birdie frowns. "wanna talk about it?" he asked and eddie lets out a disagreeing hum, closing his eyes tightly. "well, wanna join me and argyle? we're binging the walking dead again." he says quietly and eddie finally lets out an agreeing hum.

in birdie's room, the cohen laid leaning against argyle as eddie was laying practically on top of him, his head on birdie's waist with his arms wrapped around his hips as he stared at the tv with a blank stare. neither of the couple even minded, argyle actually had a hand on eddie's upper back in a way of comfort because of his arm stretched around his boyfriend who had their head on his shoulder.

it cheered eddie up in a way, the sadness that displayed behind his cute doey eyes eyes had now gone away and was now smiling with glee showing in his eyes. of course. glenn rhee cures all sadness. (except for season seven glenn. that never happened.) birdie chuckled softly and patted eddie's head gently.

the three boys were all a tangled mess of limbs at some point when they'd all fallen asleep and netflix asked if they were still watching. argyle had his arms around both of them, birdie was laying on his side facing his boyfriend as his best friend laid behind him, spooning him in a totally platonic manner. up until eddie started whimpering and crying in his sleep so birdie quickly woke up, flipping over. "eds. eddie," he whispered, gently shaking him. "no!" eddie cried out as he woke up now.

"hey, what's wrong?" birdie asked, a gentle hand over eddie's shoulder as the boy sniffled, sobbing quietly. "they won't stop. they won't stop." he covered his face and birdie just wraps his arms around birdie again. "maybe you'll feel better if you talk about it and they'll go away?" he whispers, retracting from the crying boy who wiped away his tears gently. "i've been having these really... realistic dreams where i die. and no one's there to help me. no one." he cried quietly and birdie rubs his arm. "if that were to ever happen, i'd save you in a heartbeat, munson." he leaned closer and eddie glanced up at him. "really?" he asks.

birdie nods, smiling as he reached up, brushing eddie's hair out of his face. "yeah." he says quietly and eddie smiled faintly, sniffling as he wiped his face again. then he did it, leaned up and pressed a small kiss to birdie's lips. the cohen couldn't register it right. his best friend was kissing him. his lips. on eddie's. eddie's lips. on his. he was freaking the fuck out. he pushed him back gently and quickly looked over at argyle, freaking out even more when he saw the taller was awake, watching them. "what the shit?" argyle said quietly.

"fuck! i'm so sorry!" eddie quickly got up and birdie looked at him right away as he sat up properly. "wait, wait, no, stop," birdie reached out grabbing his arm and then looked at argyle who slowly sat up as well. "guys, please," he said and then paused, his brain was short circuiting. fuck, he needs to chill on the weed. must be argyle's influence.

"birdie, please let go," eddie begs, trying to pry his hand away because he was genuinely scared, even worse fear than whatever the dreams that he's been having were. "no! wait!" birdie said loudly then glanced at argyle who's staring at him curiously. "eds, do you like me?" they glanced over at him and the munson stopped his struggling to pry his wrist out of birdie's grip. "who wouldn't? you know..." he said then gestured towards him.

"birdie, what are you saying?" argyle asked and birdie glanced at him then looked over at eddie quickly. "can... i date you both?" he asked. he'd never felt that way before. the want. the need to date two people at once. he's heard of polyamory, shit, max is dating two people, lucas and el. so why can't he? he didn't know he's felt like that for eddie before, until now. before he was just his best friend. not until the kiss. it changed everything. how eddie relies on him so much, spends time with him and they've known each other for so long.

"what?" both long haired men said right away and birdie quickly lets go of eddie's hand. "never--nevermind. i--i--" "is that true? you... wanna date us both?" argyle asked and birdie's eyes dart back and forth between them. "would--would that be cool?" he asked quietly and eddie glanced at argyle, staying still at the foot of the bed and sending him a look as if to say your boyfriend, you call the shots as all argyle did was stare at him, wondering.

"you--you like both of us?" argyle gestured between them now and birdie nods softly, glancing at eddie. "i love both of you..." he corrected and argyle's brows raise, glancing over at eddie who's face was turning red. "i--i mean, i'm cool with whatever, i don't really care." argyle reached out, squeezing birdie's hand and eddie just smiles softly. "whatever you want, birdie..." he tells him quietly as birdie squeezed argyle's hand as well.

"so, can i kiss you again?" he asked, glancing over at eddie who just timidly sat in front of them before leaning over. birdie leans in, connecting their lips in the middle before looking over at argyle. "is... that okay with you?" he asked and argyle shrugs. "you're both hot. i could care less, besides the past few days feels like he's already been our boyfriend." he says and birdie smiles. our boyfriend. he has two boyfriends. eddie glanced at argyle and birdie glanced between them. "you guys kiss then." he says and argyle quickly looked at eddie.

"what? i mean, like is that... cool with you?" argyle quickly asked them and birdie nods their head. "if it's cool with you guys." he says and eddie shrugs. "i mean, i'm not complaining." he gives that usual wide munson grin and then leaned over, cupping argyle's face and giving him a kiss as well. then the trio went back and forth, birdie and argyle kissing next, then argyle and eddie again then birdie and eddie before all three of them leaned back, their faces bright red. "i have two boyfriends." birdie giggled, his hands in each of their own.

"yeah." argyle giggled as well as eddie just blushed hard, smiling and biting the inside of his cheek. "two boyfriends. that's like double the cuddles, the kisses and hand holding..." he says, grinning widely now and birdie glanced at argyle. "double the sex." he says and argyle quickly looks at him with wide eyes. "oh, so i was the only one thinking it? okay..." he says a bit awkwardly, glancing away. "i was totally thinking that too..." eddie nods his head and argyle laughs, shaking his head in disbelief at the pair but was... also sort of, maybe, thinking about the same thing too.

authors note
birdie has two hands for a reason 🤨
decided on this when i realized that eddie was all alone since stonathan got together and i was like... yk what??????