Chapter 2- No Hero?

Zelda and Ganondorf were now riding in silence. Whether is was comfortable or awkward, neither knew.

"Have you decided yet?"

"I'm not...marrying you."

"It'll be like a peace treaty."

"More like surrendering to you."

"I'm not going to be here forever, you know."

"Good."

Ganon frowned, "Princess, it's this or nothing."

"Why now? Was this your plan? Get my kingdom and then try to marry me?" Zelda rolled her eyes. Why was she still here? She could've rode off on her own, she should have left, but she didn't.

"Not exactly." He said, thinking of what he going to say next. "Listen, I ran into a fortune teller while traveling."

"You travel?" Zelda smirked.

"Of course I do! Don't you?" He exclaimed. "Anyway, I decided to check out my karma, so-"

"Was it bad? I'm sure it was."

"Zelda! Stop." Ganon demanded, trying to be patient but it obviously wasn't working well. Zelda chuckled before gesturing for him to keep going. "Zant is going to betray me, so I thought that,  maybe, I could change the future." He finally finished.

Zelda laughed, "You can't be serious. You already know...we already know that when a fortune teller says something, there's no changing it." She explained, earning a glare from Ganon.

"We could try."

"You're crazy, insane even, if you think I'm helping you." Zelda said, getting off her horse and tying the rein to a tree.

"What are you doing? We're in the middle of nowhere." Ganon scoffed, looking around.

Zelda didn't answer, she just walked around the empty town looking for a specific house. She finally knocked on the door of possibly the biggest house there.

An old woman answered the door. "Oh! Zelda!" she smiled, giving the taller girl a hug.

Zelda smiled sheepishly, "Hi Impaz." She hugged the old woman back, "I have to tell you something."

***

"Oh my. This all seems...unreal." Impaz said, looking down.

Zelda sighed, then she remembered something. "There's also another thing." She took Impaz outside to see Ganon on his horse, waiting. It looked like he was waiting anyway. Impaz gasped and Zelda winced, waiting for her reaction.

"Is that Ganondorf?"

"Yes." Zelda said, still bracing herself.

Just then, Ganon turned in their direction. He got off his horse and tied it to the tree next to Zelda's, then walked over.

"I would accept it!" Impaz said.

"B-but Impaz, it's a trap." Zelda told her, shocked at her response.

"I like this lady. Is she your mom?" Ganon said.

"It's kind of like that. This is where we'll- I mean I will be staying, you can find your own place."

"Well, ma'am," He spoke to Impaz, "Can I stay here too?" He smirked when he saw Zelda at the corner of his stop walking.

"Of course! But my house is off limits. Also, if you're going to steal anything, that house is your best bet." Impaz said, eyeing him before walking into her house.

Who understands this woman? Zelda thought.

***

Zelda laid on the bed, tossing and turning. Thinking about how, technically, she wasn't a princess anymore. Thinking about how she was going to fix it, her mind went back to the hero. But...Ganon was right. He was nowhere to be seen.