Chapter 8- Flood

Zelda looked up once more, irritated that she kept waking up in strange places. "Goddamitt." She mumbled under her breath. She got up from the grass she was laying on. She looked around, trying to make sense out of her current situation.

Flowers? That's all she could seem to recall, considering the events that led to this one. Different time? Is this no longer the sky area? Wait. Eldin. She walked around what seemed to be a forest.

'Faron Forest'

Well, an entrance anyway. She scanned her brain for any memories of this forest. She sighed, giving up for a moment and simply walking in.

It was cold in the tunnel leading into Faron, chilling and dark. It really shouldn't have taken that long to get there. But it was dark, what did you expect?

Finally getting through the tunnel, she was met with really green grass and trees. She looked around, it was beautiful. That was, until water came rushing toward her.

"Oh shoot." She said, bracing herself for impact and possible drowning. Zelda put her arms up, as if that was going to stop the water from getting closer. However, the water never hit her.

"You ok there?" A voice asked. She opened her eyes, "AH! What the- what are you?!" It looked like an over-sized squirrel, if she was being honest.

"Uh...hey! You're the girl from earlier. My name is Machi, remember? Zelda is your name, correct? Say, what happened to your hair? Weren't you blonde? Also, your friend, pretty sure his name is Link, was looking for you earlier!"

Zelda just stood there, staring at them. "M-my name is Zelda, yeah. How...?" Then it occurred to her. A blonde Zelda. "But..wait! I'm a different Zelda."

"Different Zelda? There's more?" The...creature looked confused. "Are we going to move anytime soon? I'm all wet." He said again, seemingly dismissing his own questions. "We can talk, just, let's get out of the water."

Zelda nodded slowly, as they both moved to an elevated platform.

"Now, allow me to properly introduce myself. I am called Machi!" Machi smiled, to which Zelda smiled back. "I am the Elder of the Kikwi Tribe!"

"Nice to meet you...my name is-"

"Zelda, yes, I know." Machi chuckled.

She didn't appreciate being interrupted, but went with it anyway. She looked around the forest. Water was everywhere. "If I may ask, what happened? Why is there water everywhere?"

Machi seemed to hesitate with his answer. "The water dragon, Faron, flooded it. She wanted to get rid of all the monsters roaming these parts. Not sure how that's working..." Anger and sadness could be seen in his eyes, but he looked good at hiding it.

"Oh."

"She now resides in the Deku Tree. I can't get to her myself, otherwise, I would talk to her about the whole situation." He continues explaining. "Me and my tribe are kind of suffering at the moment."

"I understand. Being a leader is not an easy task."

"Yes, that much is true."

Then, there was silence. It was...awkward silence. Machi cleared his throat way too many times. He seemed to get that Zelda didn't really understand him.

"Would you be willing to help me? Leader helps a leader, then I'll owe you a favor." He finally broke the silence.

Zelda seemed surprised that he was asking for her help. "Excuse me?"

"Yes. I need help. I cannot help my people on my own. Please."

She didn't mind helping, but how was she to help?

"I would like you to talk to Faron..." He said, as if he had read her mind.

"You want me to talk to a dragon?!"

"It would seem like that, yes."

She cleared her throat, gaining her composure again. "A-and how exactly do you want me to do that?"

Machi smiled, glad she was willing to help. "Do you know how to swim?"

_____

Happy New Year! I wish you all have a good year this year! First chapter of the year, hope you liked it! I love you all and thank  you for reading! See you in the graves!