Only Hope

Thanks again for the request @CreativeBean36

This takes place at the Volcano in RQ, where Sabre is in a cell. (I wonder how many times he's been in a cage or a cell in SS and RQ..)
_______________________________
(3rd POV)

Sabre, as usual, was captured and in a cell in his enemy's base. All he could do is just walk around, inspecting the obsidian walls and floor, and the lava. He hoped that Time or Elemental would come to his rescue but to no aid. He was alone. But he's also relief that they were at least protecting the steves and making sure they're ok. He would have lay on a bed to think of a way out, but there were no beds in his cell. So all he could do when tired is lay on the hard cold obsidian floor and sleep, or just sit on the floor and rest. He was also hungry too, which wasn't good for him. The lava in the corners of the room were making the room hotter. And Sabre didn't want to take off his space suit, he quite liked it and wanted to keep it on. But he also didn't want anyone knowing about "those", which he hid from everyone, including his closest steve friends. But every single minute the heat would get to him. Knowing that he can't resist, he decided to take off his space suit, and wrap himself in a blanket they gave him. He was happy that he wouldn't have to be embarrassed taking his suit off, he was wearing a grey shirt and a blue jeans, which didn't trap heat at all. He unzipped his space outfit and got out of it, then quickly wrapped himself with the blanket. The blanket was very thin, if Sabre was in a cold place, the blanket would have lasted him a day before dying in the coldness. He felt himself cooling down from the heat that was trapped inside of his space suit.

Sabre: 'You know, I might stay like this for a while as long as-'

His thoughts were interrupted by footsteps coming to his cell. Sabre was about to get out of the blanket and climb back into his space suit, but it was too late. Sabre saw the shadow of the steve walking towards his cell. Knowing that he couldn't make it, he decided to leave the blanket on to cover his true identity. The steve stop in front of his cell, and Sabre looked up to see Rainbow, or at least Rainbow. Sabre felt hurt seeing Rainbow like that, corrupted and shattered. He loved him, had feelings, and was about to confess to him too, but he got corrupted before he could get a chance to tell him.

Sabre: "Rainbow.."
Rainbow: "Sabre, I surprised that you took off your space suit."

Sabre hoped that Rainbow won't get too curious on why all of a sudden he took off his space suit, when he never does.

Sabre: "Rainbow please, you gotta fight the darkness, I know your there."
Rainbow: "I am here, and this is me! The real me! Sabre, I know your hurt, you don't like seeing me like this, but that can go away. Join us Sabre. Join us and the darkness! You can get anything you want, including your friend back as long as you join us Sabre."
Sabre: "I would never join you and the darkness! I would never! I would rather die protecting the steves than joining you and the Void!"

Rainbow frowned. He's been trying to convince him ever since Sabre was capture. Void was trying to find a way to corrupt him with the darkness, but Void suggested that if he can't find a way to corrupt Sabre, he'll just have to kill him. And Sabre would accept that fate, even that means leaving Time and Elemental to protect the steves along with Light. Rainbow was trying to find a way to somehow convince him until he got an idea.

Rainbow: "You know.. I was wondering about something for a long time, but decided to ignore it. I think it's about time I know."

Sabre knew what he meant.

Rainbow: "What are you hiding Sabre?"
Sabre: I'm not telling you."
Rainbow: "Aww that's cute. Now tell me or else."
Sabre: "Or else what?"
Rainbow: "Or else I'll have to force you to show your true self and inform Void about you."

Sabre flinched. He doesn't want Void to know his true form, his true self. But he didn't want to let Rainbow know too.

Rainbow: "Fine, it looks like I'll do it myself."

Rainbow teleported in front of Sabre making him squeak in surprised before he got got pushed against the wall.

Rainbow: "I'll give you a another chance, show me your true self, or I'll do it myself!"

Sabre didn't want to do it, but it was his only hope on escaping the cell. Rainbow was the only hope for Sabre.

Sabre: "F-Fine... I-I'll show my true self to you, as long as you set me free and don't tell anyone, and I mean anyone.. ok?"

Rainbow hesitated before nodding.

Rainbow: "I won't set you free, but I'll keep it a secret from anyone."

Sabre looked at their positions and realized what position they were at and blushed. Rainbow noticed it and backed away from Sabre. Sabre took off the blanket and his little wings spread or stretched out. Rainbow was shocked, he never knew Sabre had wings. One of his wings were black and the other one is white. Rainbow then got over it and was about to teleport him, but he then had this feeling, the feeling of butterflies in his stomach. He thought about Sabre blushing when he pinned him against the wall. All of a sudden, his instincts took over and he pinned Sabre against the wall again. Sabre whimpered in pain and looked at Rainbow with fear. Rainbow looked back at him like he was able to see Sabre's eyes. He looked down which Rainbow then used his hand to lift his head up back to him.

Rainbow: "Oh Sabre..~"

Sabre blushes and Rainbow seemed to notice it. He smiled at him and Sabre gulped. Rainbow then rubbed his thumb on Sabre's cheeck and kissed him. Sabre knew this was his chance to be set free. He kissed back. Rainbow was a bit surprised that he kissed him back. Their kissed lasted for a few minutes before they broke the kiss, panting for air.

Sabre: "Rainbow, please set me free, I love you. You don't have to work with Void, come join my side, and we can be together. Please, I was going to confess my love to you but you got corrupted by the darkness. I was devastated. And now here I am, here confessing my love to you. Please Rainbow, I love you, and I don't want to leave you behind.."

Rainbow was shocked that he said all of those things. He started having butterflies in his stomach again, his face heated up. He remembered the memories that he would actually stared at him when he's laying next to the trees, and when he acted brave but was actually scared. He realized that all of his memories were him falling in love with Sabre.

Rainbow: "I- I love you too Sabre. I never knew I had feelings for you in the past, I fell in love with you for who knows how long. And I never realized that!"

Sabre puts his hand on Rainbows shoulder, before hugging him.

Sabre: "It's ok. It's ok. Sometimes people doesn't even know that they're in love until the person confess their love for them."

They hugged each other and then departed the hug.

Rainbow: "We should get going, before Void gets suspicious of me helping you."
Sabre: "Yeah."

They decided to kiss each other on the lips again and then Rainbow teleported themselves to the citadel in the Rainbow Kingdom.

(Huge Time Skip) :)

After Sabre and Rainbow teleported into the citadel, they explained everything to the others including Light, Elemental, and Time. After defeating Void, Rainbow and Sabre announced that they're boyfriends. Now Sabre and Rainbow's friend would tease them a lot, but respect their dates. Rainbow's corruptions has gone away but only little darkness was on him still, not gonna go away.

Sabre: "So how's the food babe?"
Rainbow: "It's really good! I never knew Time could cook!"
(Heh, Time in Hells Kitchen, kicking butt. Idea came from IDrawzStuff comment in one of their books)

Rainbow giggled and Sabre smiled. Time walked to their table.

Time: "Is there anything you would like?"
Rainbow: "No thank you, I'm full. Thank you for your good cookings, it taste delicious!"
Sabre: "Thank you for being our chef Time!"
Time: "No problem! I'll help my friends no matter what, even when they're lover birds, on their 7th date."

Sabre and Rainbow blushed and the kgot up from the table. The both held hands and kissed each other on the lips while Time was fanboying over them.
_______________________________

Words, 1520