Chapter Seventeen

Tyler POV:

"Ok Hunny, I'll give you something that makes the tummy ache better." She nodded and whimpered.

I am lucky that I now where almost everything is in Jamies house therefore I found the hot water bottles fast.

I heated the water but not to much that she would burn herselfe on it. I also made some warm milk and put it in one of the bottles that was standing around.

As I waited that the milk and water cool down I looked out of the window which showes the garden and there he was sitting on his laptop, probably working and Cash running around like a puppy. I guess he likes being at Jamies.

I turned and tested the heat of the hot water bottle before putting it on Maddys stomach. I also tested the milk and put some honey in it before giving the bottle to her.

I walked back to the living room to grap the blanket and walked through the hallway in the room where the door to the backyard ist. Already in the hallway I could hear Jamie talking. "Yeah I'm just enjoing the time right now, since the season started again, gave us a new opportunity to be better then last year." He said.

I stepped closer to the glass door confused and wrapped Maddy in the blanket again so that she is not getting cold when I go out with her. I looked through the glass and see that he is on a zoom call with someone. Why didn't he told me that? "Hey Maddy we have to be really quiet when we stepp out, because we don't want to distract Daddy, okey?" I whispered.

She nodded and put her finger on her lips. I stepped outside, getting Jamies attention right away. Maddy waved at him a little making him smile and give a little wave back. "How is your situation, Conner?" Comes a voice from the laptop, which sounded like the interviewer I had when I had my video call wit the NHL.

"Yeah it's going good. I am glad that we can go on the Ice again full time like before covid and we're excited for this comming season." What sounded like Mcdavid said. "What about you, Brady?"

What are they doing, having like a Captain NHL call, or what? I made sure the blanket is tightly wrapped around her and stepped on the lawn, walking over to Cash.

"Cas!" Maddy said existed and pointed at my dog. "Yeah it's Cash, you've already met him right?" She nodded and reached out to Cash. I squatted down so that we can both pet him.

"Buddy, how are you doing?" I said and petted over his neck. I looked over to Jamie seeing that he is watching us. I stood up again and walked with Maddy a few rounds, she fell asleep again on the second lap but I like to walk a bit in the remaining sun. In the meantime the hot water in the bottle turned cold and I don't want to carry the empty milk bottle with me anymore, so I walked slowly back to the house.

When I passed Jamie they were talking about the player rosters for the new season. I got into the kitchen and put the bottles on the counter. And tried to get myselfe a cup of water without waking Maddy.

I didn't make it and noticed that as she took her head off my chest and looked around sleepily. I stroke her over her head and she only let her head drop back on my chest without any word. I decided that we would be going out again since the fresh air is good for the health.

So we made our way outside again. I set myselfe on the sofa where Jamie also sits but moved so far that we could not be seen in the video call.

"...since only Brain is the only one still injured from the team and the others recovered in the meantime, the first games will not be a problem... in terms of people at least." I looked a little on the screen and saw Sydney talking.

"Apropos injuries. Jamie there was a bit of hustle and bustle in your arena yesterday morning. The ambulance was there and it seems to have been really bad. And some saw you rushing out of the arena. What can you tell us about that?" Jamie looked in my direction and had an asking look on his face.

If Jamie doesn't say that now it will still come out sooner or later, so i nodded and leaned back further, getting more comfortable. "Yeah.. uhm it was a training accident." He said and was about to start to talk about everything when the guy interrupted him.

"If you don't want to tell, that's fine." Jamie looked a bit confused, why wouldn't he want to tell it. "No no it's okey. It was Tyler.. uhm he crushed into the board. Ending up with a slight concussion and a head laceration above the eye." Jamie said and scratched himselfe in the neck.

The interviewer sucks the air in when the part came where Jamie told about what happened. "Ou how is he?" The interviewer said. Jamie looked at me again. If he does it more often, it will be noticeable.

"Jamie? Who are you looking at?"

What did I just said?

"Tyler actually sits beside me, right now." Jamie said and looked at the screen again. "Oh Hallo Tyler!" The guy said and Jamie turned the laptop so now I can be seen.

I waved a bit "Hey guys, how are you?" From all the guys, Mcdavid, Tkachuk and Crosby I got a wave back and from each a 'good' as answer for my question.

"The better question is, how are you? The band aid there I see it." The interviewer intervened again. "It's okay, definitely better than yesterday. The headache is the worst and looking at the screen right now worses the dizziness extremely, actually more than I tought." I said and looked around so I don't have to look at the screen anymore.

"So we won't see you on the ice in the first few games, are we?" He asked and now I really had to concentrate myself again to look on the screen and ignore the feeling of throwing up.

"Uhm no. It sucks. I've been preparing for the whole summer to start the new season and now I have to start all over again. But it is what it is." I said also a bit to please myself. I looked away from the screen, hoping that my stomach calmes down a bit.