Chapter Twenty

Tyler POV:

I got back after half an hour and saw Jamies car parked in the driveway, next to a car I don't really know. Oh fuck I forgot my parents. I search for my phone to look if my mum texted back. Only then I noticed that I forgot my phone at home. Seems like I just grabbed the keys and the leash. I started to walk faster so I am not even later than I am already. When I opened the door I could already hear talking. I knew exactly that my parents were there when Cash wasn't waiting for me as usual but ran in the direction of the living room. I heard exited screams and made my way to the livingroom. "Hey mum, dad." I greeted them with a smile. "Tyler, Baby, how are you?" My mum got up to hug and kiss me. "I'm good mum. Everthing's alright." I got to my dad and also give him a quick hug. "You almost gave your mother a heart attack, kid." My dad said and set down again. I looked around to find a place to sit. Jamie seemed to notice and moved a little to the side so I placed myself next to him. "So Tyler, the question which I had the whole time on my mind is why you're here? I mean not that you can't be, but I wondered." Mum asked after she sat down again too. "The Doc said I have to stay with somebody for at least two and since Jamie is my best friend I stayed with him." I answered. "Oh yeah that makes sense. And since you are free now from training and stuff you come with us to the wedding from your uncle, aren't you?"

"What? No, I have training in two days again. I won't be coming with you." I stated and looked straight into my mums disappointed face. "But Tyler it's your uncles wedding. You are also his family and he would like to see you. So would Candace and Cassidy. And maybe you will find a nice looking lady."

"Nope there is the part, why I didn't want to go in the first place. I'm definitely not coming with you." I stated. My mum just nod it of but you can see that she isn't thrilled about that.

"So I have to excuse myself. I have practice. Jackie, Paul it was nice seeing you again. I don't know if you'll still be here when I come back, so I wish you a pleasant wedding and lots of fun." Jamie said, squeezed my shoulder and got off the couch. "Bye Jamie, it was also nice to see you again. Have a good practice and I think we'll see each other later since our flight doesn't leave until late afternoon." My mum said and gave him a hug before he left. They always had a good relationship since I've introduced them early in 2013. "And you really don't want to come with us? What if you bring Jamie and his daughter with you for company? I think your uncle really wants to see you again, he really misses you." My mum sighed when the front door falls shut. "No mum. I don't have time and nether has Jamie and I don't think they will come to a wedding with me just that I have company." I also sighed looking at my dad for support. "I also think your uncle would be happy. You used to do a lot with him over the weekend and now nothing." Dad said which only makes my mother nod and me sight again. "I thought you would get it that I am an professional athlete I can't just take a day off whenever I want. The wedding is tomorrow and I don't think that Thomas wants to change to seats and stuff." I said a little louder, frustrated that they obviously won't understand me. "Tomorrow? It's not tomorrow it's in two days. And-"

"Oh yeah two days that is way better." I said sarcastically which earned me a light kick from my father. "And we kinda already said that you would be comming" my mum said quietly. "You did what? Mum, are you serious." I said and couldn't believe she really did it. That can not be true. "Tyler don't dramatise it that much. It's just a wedding, talk with you trainer that you need a day off. And we've already talked with Jamie before and he said he would come with you along with his daughter that you aren't alone there." she said and you can already hear the desperation. But there was no need to invite Jamie now, especially since my sisters will also be there. "Tyler please. It's gonna be nice and you can meet you whole family again." She nearly begged me. "Okey" I sighed and let myselfe fall agaist the pillow on my right, searching for my phone. "Really? Tyler that is awesome, thank you so much." Mum almost jumped up from the opposite sofa and went to hug me. "I'll let Thomas know that you are comming with two extra people." Mum said exited and walked out of the room.

Maybe it will be fun with Jamie.

"Why are you flying back today when the wedding is in two days?" I asked my dad confused. "Thomas asked us to come earlier to help with the decoration and the table cards." I nod and unlocked my phone, seeing that Pete had send me a message.

'Hey Seggy, I am confused. Jamie asked me later if you two could have a day off for a wedding in two days and you are asking when you can stard training in two days?'

'Hey Pete, sorry for the confusion. I just got the message now that we will go to the wedding. I will start training after we come back.'

Well at least that's done. Now it's just a matter of surviving the wedding and then everyday life will finally come back. I move back in my house and come back to playing hockey.

The first game for the Stars is in two weeks against the Predators. I will not attend it. Also not the second game at home, I will be sitting on the bench for the opening ceremony and after that I will be just sitting in the lounge with the other family members and watch the game.

"So I've called Thomas and he is really happy that you are comming and he's also looking forward to meeting Jamie." Mum came back in the room energetically and grinning like she just received the best message of the week.