Chapter Nineteen

Tyler POV:

"Oh man, one more night on that couch is giving me the the death." Jamie sighed two days later on the breakfast table.

Nothing really happened during the last days, I had a lot of rest with Maddy together and it seems like she is on her normal health again.

She is all lively and wants to play like all of the time. And you don't even have to think about getting her to sleep.

"I told you, we could switch places." I responded and gave Maddy her cup. "Thank Papa." She will never get it, although we talked to her deeply about the topic yesterday evening.

"I am not making a injured person sleep on that monster of couch." Jamie said and rubbing his neck, that his muscles relax. "And if you sleep with me?" I suggested to him, realizing then how it sounded. But it was to late and Jamie already grins and gave me a dirty look.

"I would like to take that offer, but you know not with a kid next door. I'm sorry Babe." He said and shrugged with his shoulders. "You know how I mean it." I said and gave Jamie a little hit to the back of his head making him hiss and set his hand on the place where I hit him.

"You can sleep in the bed also. We have done it before, in away games." I sighed but had to smile a bit. "I would love to and my back thanks you a alot. But I have to remind you that I love to cuddle" He said and smiled with that dorky face in my direction. "Yeah, I remember."

The first time I had to sleep with Jamie in one bed was at a game against the leafs in my third year in Dallas. In the hotel where we have always stayed were not enough free rooms left and half of our team had to share a room with someone. The coach asked who wants to share and since nobody wants that the team chose who should go into a room together.

My sharing partner was Chubbs of cause, we've been voted first. It was like we were living a romcom with only one king-sized bed for the two of us to share. But that doesn't bothered us in the evening after the game. We both fell into bed like we were dead. The next morning I woke up getting spooned by Jamie with his face buried in my neck. He had his arms wrapped around me and sigh when I tryed to get free. It was an awkward situation and I was glad to get away from Jamie without him waking up.

In the second time I hadn't had so much luck and he woke up, giving us an embarrassing situation. He slid backwards so quickly that he fell out of bed which loosens up the situation and after that everything became as good as normal. We then only had such situations twice, in which we simply accepted it, that Jamie is a cuddler and then went about our everyday lives.

"Before I forget, your parents are coming today, remember?" He added. "Yeah, I remember" I said and continued to eat. "By the way you will be alone with your parents since I have training for the first time again." He stood up since he is finished and placed his plate in the dishwasher.

"Where is Maddy?" I asked and eat the last bite of my breakfast. "Huh, I here Papa!" Maddy froned and waves her hands infront of my face.

"I know you are here but where are you through today?" I said with a slight laugh. "It's first day of daycare again, right?" Jamie asked, making Maddy nod.

"What? When did you decided that?" I asked surprised in Jamies direction. "Not too long ago. I thought it will be better for her to have the social contact. And I think it's easier for me since you will not be here to spend the day with her forever, except you want to. I have nothing against a babysitter like you." He said.

"You know, I would love to stay at home the whole time and cook, clean everything and watch the kid, it was always my dream. Unfortunately I have to make money myself." I said with so much irony everyone would understand.

"But what am I gonna do? All alone, in that big house, without a single soul but mine." I said.

"You are such a drama queen, Ty. But you won't stay here all day, since you are allowed to start training again in two days. So you only will be alone one day and only for 1 and a half hour." Jamie said and took Maddy out of the highchair.

"Okey we're are gonna dress you and then we go to daycare." Jamie said stapping out of the door. I just heard Maddy scream in excitement before I just hear muffling voices. I cleaned the rest up and then got my phone out to text Pete.

'Hey Mate, since I can come back to light training in two days, I wanted to know how and when I will start. See ya!'

That will do it. Since I am already on my phone I text my mother when they will come. I also texted her Jamies address since they don't know where he lives.

"Tyler? Maddy and I will go. I'll be back in 10." Jamie shouted and I hear the door opening. I make my way to the entrance where they both stand. "Bye bye Papa!" Maddy said and already went to go through the door.

"What? I don't get a hug for goodby?" I asked playfully and bent down. She turned and smiled before running inside again into my arms.

I swung my arms around her and let them stay for a second befor she wiggles herself out of my grip and start to walk outside again. "Someone is really exited for daycare." Jamie said and smiled the last time befor also stepping out and closing the door.

I got upstairs and dressed myself since I was still in PJ's the whole time. When I was dressed im some sweatpant and a black shirt, I went to get Jamies bedding to put it in his bedroom again.

After that I don't really know what to do with myself so I search for Cash whom I havn't seen all morning. "Cash?" I shouted through the house and went to search on the upper floor. There he just trotted out of Maddy's room and yawned heartily.

"Hey buddy, have you slept in Maddys room this night." I said while petting him. "What do you say, should we do a round?" Cash barked one time and run down the stairs, like he really understood me.