Chapter Nineteen

CHAPTER NINETEEN. (WARNING - SLIGHT HOMOPHOBIC LANGUAGE)

Nick:
I feel my blood start to boil. David and I never had a good relationship. He is rude, arrogant and disrespectful; and I'm quite positive he's going to have a lot to say when it comes to Charlie and I. Half of me even wonders if I should have Charlie over while David is visiting. He's been through a lot these last couple of months and the last thing I want to do is put him in a bad situation. I see Charlie waving his hand in front of my face and realize I'm still on the phone with my Mum.

"Okay Mum. I'm just going to walk Charlie home and then I'll come home."
"Charlie is more than welcome to come over too," she says.
"Maybe another day. Love you," I say as I hang up.

Charlie looks at me confused.

"David's your brother, right?"
"Yeah. My brother and an extreme jackass."
"Is he really that bad?"
"He is. And I have a feeling that once I come out to him he's going to have a lot to comment on."
"Do you want me to come with you?"
"No, it's okay. I don't want to subject you to that kind of ignorance; especially before I know how he's truly going to react."

He grabs my hand and smiles at me softly.

"Do you want me to have Tori come over and destroy him?"

I laugh.

"Maybe. I'll let you know," I joke.

I walk Charlie home and he grabs both my hands.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?"

I kiss him quickly.

"No it's okay. But I'm sure I'll be calling you later to tell you all about it."
"I'm here if you need me," he says.
"I know. Love you," I say.
"Love you."

I walk home and take a deep breath before opening the door. Nellie runs up to greet me as I hear Mum and David chatting in the kitchen. I let out a small sigh before putting on a fake smile and walking in.

"David, didn't know you were coming."
"Didn't know I needed to run it by you in order to come back home," he says.
"David, don't start," Mum says as I roll my eyes.

Mum knows David's an ass but he's still her son and she will always try to be the peacemaker between him and I. I just worry that he's going to go too far this visit and I'm not going to hide the fact that I'm bisexual and that Charlie and I are dating.

"So how long are you here for?" I ask.
"For the week; I leave Sunday," he says.

Sunday cannot come soon enough.

David goes upstairs to unpack his things for the week. I sit down next to Mum and sigh.

"You know this isn't going to end well, right?"
"What do you mean?"
"Mum, David's a jerk. And honestly he's really ignorant and arrogant. You know once I tell him that I'm bisexual and that I'm dating Charlie, he's going to have MANY opinions on it."

She gives me a sympathetic look.

"David can be ignorant at times, I won't argue with you there, but I don't think he's going to say much about that."
"What am I not going to say much about?" He asks as he walks down the stairs.

Mum looks at me and I guess it's time to let the cat out of the bag.

"That I have a boyfriend," I say bluntly.

He stops at the last step and just stares at me, then at Mum and finally back at me again.

"A boyfriend? You're gay now?" 

My eyes roll so hard that I'm afraid they're going to fall out of my head.

"I'm bisexual."

David laughs.

"So you're gay."

I look at Mum, who looks surprised; but obviously I'm not surprised at all.

"Again, I'm bisexual."
"You're dating a guy, so you're clearly gay."

I look at Mum again but this time I can feel the heat in my whole body. I am ignited with rage.

"DAVID!" She screams. "If Nick is telling you he's bisexual, then he is bisexual. Just because he has a boyfriend currently doesn't change that."
"Fucking idiot," I say under my breath.
"Nick!" She screams.
"Mum, I'm sorry for the language but I told you how terribly this was going to go and I wasn't wrong. David is the most ignorant and disrespectful person and if he's going to continue acting this way, I'm just going to hang out by Charlie's for the week."

David laughs again.

"Can't even take a joke."

I slam my hands on the table and stand up.

"Where's the fucking joke David? Point it out to me because I'm having a really hard time understanding," I say as I walk over to him.
"I see having a boyfriend has made you more of a sissy. Get out of my face Nick," he says.

"Made you more of a sissy."

Honestly, at that point I was so angry that before I knew it my hands collided with his chest and I pushed him onto the stairs. Before he can even get up, Mum stands up and gets in the middle of us.

"David, if you don't apologize to your brother right now, you can pack up your things and get out of this house."

David looks at Mum before looking back at me.

"Sorry," he says in the most insincere way. 

I shake my head as I walk towards the door. Nellie can tell that I'm upset and follows me. I grab her leash and start walking out.

"Nicky, don't leave."
"I'll be back later. I can't deal with this," I say as I walk out.