Chapter Twenty Seven

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN.

[MONDAY]

Nick:
After this weekend, I've decided that I'm not going to let Harry affect me in any way. He is just another player on the Rugby team, he's not in my life in any other aspect anymore. I have too many good things going on to stay focused on him; if I did that, then he wins. Charlie setting up that date for me to help me feel better really allowed me to focus on all the positive things in my life. After the last bell rings, I walk over to Charlie's locker and smile. 

"Hi," I say as I kiss him on the cheek.

He closes his locker and smiles.

"Hi. I thought you would be in some sort of mood right now since you have to go to Ms. Singh's office with Harry."
"No, I decided that I'm simply just not going to let him have the power to control my emotions like this. How can I be in a bad mood when I have you in my life?"

I see him blush and smile.

"Okay, okay, you cheese ball. Go pick out the Rugby team. You need to make sure you guys are unstoppable this year so that you play in college, then professionally so I can stay home all day and make music," he says with a smirk.
"Oh, so you're just using me because I could potentially make a lot of money so you can not work? That's what this is?" I ask jokingly.

He gets really close to my face like he's about to kiss me.

"Yup," he says as he playfully pushes me.

God, I love him. I laugh and push him back.

"I'll call you later?" I ask.
"You better," he says with a smile.

I get to Ms. Singh's office and sit down next to Harry. We go over each player and talk about how they were at the try-outs, how they performed, where they would fit in on the team and things like that. Everything went surprisingly smooth and we agreed on every single person. I looked at my phone and realized we'd been here for only about twenty minutes and we were already done. Maybe this season is going to go a lot easier than I had envisioned. We say goodbye to Ms. Singh and I take out my phone and call Charlie.

"Wow, that was fast. I just walked into my house. Everything go okay?"
"Hi to you too, Char," I say with a chuckle.
"I said hi to you like five minutes ago," he says laughing.
"It was like a half hour ago but fine," I say with a smile. "But yes, everything went fine. We all agreed on every single player and every single position that they would play."
"Wow, that's great!"
"Yeah, I think once I let go of that anger I was holding for Harry, everything just became easier."
"That's great Nick, I'm really happy for you."
"So, since that only took like, a half hour, I was thinking I could come by and we could do our homework together?"
"Sounds good! I'll see you soon."

I hang up the phone and begin to walk to Charlie's. I always hated doing homework, I usually never did it until the next morning. However, being with Charlie has made even doing homework fun. 

Charlie:
I go into the kitchen to grab some snacks before bringing them upstairs.  Doing homework was always pretty easy to me, but now with Nick, it's fun too. I head back down to grab two cups juice and bring them upstairs.

"Hi," Tori says as she peaks her head into my room, scaring me as always; causing me to spill juice as I was placing down the cups.
"TORI COME ON," I say.  
"Sorry. It's just juice though," she says with a shrug. "Nick's coming over I assume?"
"No, I actually just thought I'd get really thirsty and brought two cups up just for me," I say sarcastically.
"I don't appreciate the sarcasm," she says.

I shoot her a look and she smirks.

"Okay, I do appreciate the sarcasm."

I laugh.

"You want to help me clean this up?"

I look over at the door frame and she had already disappeared.

"You're the one that spilled it," she screams from across the hall."
"You made me," I mumble.

I walk back downstairs to grab some paper towels. I go upstairs to clean up the juice when I hear a knock at the door. I sigh and go to run down to let Nick in but slip on the juice.

Tori:
I hear a loud noise and run over to Charlie's room to find him on the floor, looking really confused.

"Oh my god. Are you okay?"

He grabs the back of his head and then looks at his hand which has blood on it.

"I think I hit my head on the corner of my nightstand. I feel a little dizzy."
"We need to get you to the hospital, you could have a concussion."

I start to pick him up and hear the downstairs door open slightly.

"Char? Tori?"
"Up here and I could really use your help!" I exclaim.

I hear Nick hurry up the stairs as I manage to get Charlie to sit on the bed.

"What happened?!" Nick exclaims as he runs over to us.
"Charlie fell and hit his head. Can you stay with him and make sure he stays awake while I grab something to put against the back of his head?" I ask as I run into the bathroom.

I run back into the room and give him a damp towel to hold behind his head.

"I looked at the cut, he isn't bleeding too badly but I think we should definitely take him to the hospital just in case it needs a stitch or two and to make sure it's not a concussion. I'll call my Mum and she'll drive us," Nick says.