Chapter Thirty Three

Charlie:
Welp, here we go. Time to hear the word "no" for the millionth time in my life.

"So your Mum and I talked and you can go to Paris under one condition -- "
"YOU GUYS ARE BEING SO UNFAIR," I automatically blurt out before realizing what he said.
"Charlie, he didn't say no," Nick whispers while Mum laughs.
"Sorry, just used to hearing the word no," I say with a nervous chuckle.
"You can go only if Nick and Tori go," Mum says.
"Both of them?! Why not just Nick?! Tori would rather sleep on a bed of nails then come on this trip."

Just then, Tori appears in the door frame.

"I heard my name and something about sleeping on a bed of nails. Sounds like a delightful evening," she says with a sarcastic smirk.

I throw my hands up in the air.

"It's nothing Tori. Just Mum and Dad actively trying to ruin my life."
"What does that have to do with me sleeping on a bed of nails?"
"Your mother and I do not feel comfortable sending Charlie to Paris after everything he's been through without you and Nick being there."
"You mean Mum doesn't feel comfortable," Tori says.

Mum sighs.

"I think if Nick is there, Charlie will be in good hands. I mean, he's the one that figured out everything that was going on with Charlie and was there for him before any of us."
"We know that," Dad says as he looks at Nick. "And we will forever be grateful to you for how much you have helped our boy, but -- "
"We would just feel more at ease if your sister was there too," Mum says as she looks at me.

I sigh and look at Nick.

"Have fun without me," I say.
"How about I skip the trip and we hangout here instead?"
"Oh my god, you both are so dramatic. I'll go," Tori says while rolling her eyes.
"What? Really?!" I ask excitedly.
"You've been doing so great and I don't think you should be penalized when you've come so far," she says as she looks at Mum and Dad. "Just promise me you'll stop being so dramatic."

I jump up, run over to her and hug her.

"AND STOP DOING THIS," she says firmly.

I pull away from the hug and laugh.

"Thanks, Tori."
"Yeah, yeah," she says while walking away.

I look at Mum and Dad.

"Thank you guys. Even though I fully feel like I'll be okay without Tori there, I appreciate you letting me go."

I walk over to them and hug them.

Nick:
Charlie's parents smile and walk out of the room.

"We're going to Paris!"

I laugh at him and pull him closely.

"Excited to spend some time with you in the most romantic place in the world."

He puts his forehead against mine.

"Excited to spend some time with you and people who don't look at me like I'm about to break at any given second."
"They're just worried about you."
"So are you, so is Tori. But with them it's different, I feel the constant worry."

I kiss him on the forehead.

"I promise not to worry about you at all the whole time," I tease.
"Well, you can worry a little bit," he says with a smile.

[1 WEEK LATER]

Nick:
I finish getting ready for Elle's party and look in the mirror. I walk downstairs and into the kitchen.

"I'm going to Tara's house for Elle's birthday party, I'll be back soon!"
"Okay, Nicky. Have fun!" Mum says.

I start walking towards Charlie's and decide to text him to make sure he's ready because he tends to take awhile.

Nick: Hi xx
Nick: You better be almost ready because I'm already on my way :p
Charlie: Are you really?
Charlie: I haven't even gotten out of bed.

I dial Charlie's number. He picks up laughing.

"Are you really still in bed?"
"No," he says. "I just wanted to see your reaction. I'm ready."
"I don't believe you."

He laughs again.

"I guess you'll just have to see when you get here."
"Well, prove it, I'm here," I say.

Soon enough, Charlie comes down and opens the door.

"Of course I'm going to be ready on time for this, it is a surprise party after all," he says with a smile.

We walk over to Tara's and see that everyone is there, except for Elle of course.

"Hey guys!" We say.
"Charlie, Nick! Hey! This is our new friend, Ella," Tara says.
"Hi, nice to meet you!" Charlie says.
"Nice to meet you both as well, Tara, Elle and Darcy have told me so much about you both."
"So Tara, what does Elle think she's doing today?"
"Well, since we were all smart and decided to do this before her actual birthday, she thinks she's coming over to work on our homework, just us girls."
"Elle's on her way!" Darcy screams. "I told her to just come into the backyard."
"I'm going to grab a soda, do you want one?" Charlie asks.

I nod and he walks away.

"So, you and Charlie have been together for awhile?" Ella asks as she walks over to me.

I nod my head and smile.

"Yeah, for about a year now."
"This girl said you were together for a second before you and Charlie got together."
"Oh, Imogen? Yeah, that really wasn't anything."
"So you're gay?" She asks.

I laugh, taken back by her forwardness.

"Not that it's any of your business, girl I met five minutes ago, but I'm bisexual."
"Oh, good to know there's still a chance," she says as she walks away.

Charlie walks over with my soda and hands it over to me. 

"So what did I miss?"

Before I can even answer, Elle walks in and everyone screams.

"SURPRISE!"

Yup. That was definitely a surprise.